Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

Z-Max + IS-F

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  GC617289 
#1 ·
Does anyone put Z-Max in their IS-F? I put it in my IS300 and IS350 but I'm thinking it was for my own benifit...not the cars. Just curious...getting my first oil change today. This is my first V8 so I'm wondering if that tiny bottle of engine additive can really make a diff.

#4 ·
Dropped in to visit a dealer last weekend.

I was actually shocked to see ZMAX in a Lexus dealership in Maryland on the weekend. I would never see this in a dealer in Canada.

It was on the floor, in a display case, on the counter, and mentioned all over the place within the dealer on reader boards and POP.

Lexus USA must have some loose guidelines about what a dealer franchise can sell to its customers.

Digger08

#6 ·
Additives on Toyota's don't work well with 02 sensors. Using premium fuel already has cleaning agents in it.
My .02
T

#11 ·
IMHO, the only additive worth using is Chevron Techron. And it's often on sale or two-for-one at various auto parts stores. Use every 2,000 or 3,000 miles with a full tank of gas and refill 20 miles after the Estimated Range display reaches 0. You get an additional benefit if used with Chevron gas.

All the other additives actually do harm. For example, ones that claim to penetrate the cylinder walls must be useless and can change the chemical properties of the metal; you want lubricants on the surface. Duh!

Also, use the TRD synthetic oil filter at the next oil change; much better than the Lexus filter and available at any Toyota dealer off the shelf or special order. You should be able to get 20% off the price just by asking. The part number is: PTR43-00081

If fuel economy is your concern, the two effective things you can do is: (1) moderate use of your right foot, and (2) check and adjust tire pressures (I use 39psi).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.