Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question everyone, i was wondering if i decide not to cover my car most of the winter and what not, i plan on getting OEM lexus rims, and i am not sure what size rims i should get? i was thinking 18" G-Spider Liquid Graphite Wheel those are nice if those are good size what size tires and brand should i get with it for snow and stuff, im not 100% percent sure, if 18" are too big what size please let me know and what is a good cover for the IS-F
tthanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Covering may be a good idea. Seems Lexus Canada are unprepared and unable to provide a recommended package for winter tires and wheels.

I gave my dealer the specs. provided in the forum by ISF Champ but to no avail. I suggested 18" OEM rims from the IS350. Was told this morning that they mounted a set on an IS F at the dealer. The Parts department commented that the rear looked fine, but the front were close to the inside plate which may pose a problem with where to mount balancing weights and also cause excessive noise from ice and snow accumulation in the wheel well.

Whilst I love the car I am a little pissed at Lexus for not considering winter tire and wheel considerations. Why install "Snow" mode if you can't put tires on it?

I haven't yet found a local tire/wheel shop with sufficent knowledge to spec a wheel for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How much are we expected to be paying for the whole rims and tire combo if we buy from the stealership? This thing is a 400+ hp RWD car, so I want something that sticks to the road.

·
Registered
203 Posts
mine ran great!! They are on the mich pilot sport aplin. Great tire! It can handle the power. Plus there is always snow mode.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
I had the Blizzak LM-25s (performance snow) on 18" MSW wheels last winter and it did pretty well. Not as well as I would have hoped, but I was able to get around okay when I needed too.

Maybe I should have gone with the more aggressive snow tires. Luckily here in St. Louis we don't really get that much snow.

Jeff
08 Smoky Granite Mica IS-F

·
Registered
13 Posts
What size winter tires are you guys running? tirerack.com shows 225/45/18 FBTO mentioned the dealer told him 245's, but wouldn't smaller be better in the winter? I don't want to stagger, so I can rotate them every winter.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
What size winter tires are you guys running? tirerack.com shows 225/45/18 FBTO mentioned the dealer told him 245's, but wouldn't smaller be better in the winter? I don't want to stagger, so I can rotate them every winter.
Mine are the 225/45/18s with Blizzak LM-25 XLs all around.

Jeff
08 Smoky Granite Mica IS F

·
Registered
68 Posts
i ran stock size 19" blizzaks last winter and they were great. throw in snow mode and it drove very well. better than i expected even.

if you for whatever reason decide on a 19" i have my tires for sale too as the is f is gone :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a new member from outside of Boston and just had 18" wheels wrapped in 225/45R18 Pirelli Winter 240 Sottozero Asimmetrico put on my 08 is-f, and was wondering if anyone else who had winter tires knew how to get rid of any check system lights as the tpms is not equipped on theese wheels. thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know this thread is old, but with snow coming soon, has anyone else purchased the 18" G-Spider Liquid Graphite Wheels for snow tires, and if so, what price did you pay?

·
Registered
100 Posts
The dealer had an awesome deal on them including tires for only $3500. /sarcasm

I'm shopping around now for an aftermarket wheel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts