Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there!!

I do not have an IS-F yet but I will be an owner soon! To all the married guys out there, am sure most of you had to seek conjugal approval first to buy such a car. I did and wifey said yes!!!
The only trade off is that I have to own the car for more than 5 years as I have a penchant for losing interest and changing toys after only a couple of years.:p
I am glad I found this site and looking forward to contribute..:)

·
Registered
386 Posts
The only trade off is that I have to own the car for more than 5 years as I have a penchant for losing interest and changing toys after only a couple of years.:p
Wow does your wife have a sister named Lynn hahaha, my wife said the exact same thing verbatim!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I read the title of your post I thought that some lucky member's wife agreed to a three way.

BTW, congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hello there!!

I do not have an IS-F yet but I will be an owner soon! To all the married guys out there, am sure most of you had to seek conjugal approval first to buy such a car. I did and wifey said yes!!!
:)
I didn't have to ask approval with mine, she actually wanted to beat me to it! I said, "No, you had your chance, now it's my turn to get what I want!" Anyway, congrats to your new toy!

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Congrats on the approval! Let us know if you have any other questions or need help finding an F in the particular color exterior/interior with options. There are very knowledgeable people on here. Congrats again and welcome :cool:

·
Registered
41 Posts
You lucky bastard ;) congrats on getting the wife to say ok. I have been working on trying to get a yes from mine for about 2 years now:( i know of about three ISF's up in my area that are members of this or other Lexus forums. What year and color are you looking for? Wayzata just got in a 2010 starfire pearl isf. Congrats again.

·
Registered
92 Posts
lol, that is hilarious, I had the same discussion and she said yes too. Only difference was mine was a bit more lenient and said it has to be 4 years :D:D:D.... Truth be told i imagined getting bored after 2 years but at this rate i'll be sad to give it up in 35 months :(..... Enjoy my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello there!!

I am glad I found this site and looking forward to contribute..:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You lucky bastard ;) congrats on getting the wife to say ok. I have been working on trying to get a yes from mine for about 2 years now:( i know of about three ISF's up in my area that are members of this or other Lexus forums. What year and color are you looking for? Wayzata just got in a 2010 starfire pearl isf. Congrats again.
I have actually been shown the 2009 Ultrasonic blue and the 2010 starfire pearl ( I remember it having a different style rims than the blue one) at Wayzata. I am still debating if I am getting a brand new one or slightly used unit. Am actually driving to cheesehead country and Chicago this weekend to look at possibilities. Its weird that Minnesota does not have used units for sale and Wisconsin have them in numbers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have actually been shown the 2009 Ultrasonic blue and the 2010 starfire pearl ( I remember it having a different style rims than the blue one) at Wayzata. I am still debating if I am getting a brand new one or slightly used unit. Am actually driving to cheesehead country and Chicago this weekend to look at possibilities. Its weird that Minnesota does not have used units for sale and Wisconsin have them in numbers.
This is correct they changed the rims for the 2010's.

I had the same wife conversation when we purchased our second F. I actually went to the dealership intending on buying an IS 250 AWD or a GS. We saw a Lexus owned 08 IS-F in Black and decided to ask a bit more about it. We went back a few days later figuring the 08 was a left over and come to find out it was used with 6000 miles on it. Fortunately there was a brand new 2010 Red IS-F in the showroom to make the long story short we ended up with the 2010. My wife wanted an F because of the way it handles and the fact that it can move out of it's own way unlike her previous car. I have a feeling if you can get your wife in the car for a test drive it won't be so hard for her to say yes. What's the worst that can happen she says no again?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is correct they changed the rims for the 2010's.

I had the same wife conversation when we purchased our second F. I actually went to the dealership intending on buying an IS 250 AWD or a GS. We saw a Lexus owned 08 IS-F in Black and decided to ask a bit more about it. We went back a few days later figuring the 08 was a left over and come to find out it was used with 6000 miles on it. Fortunately there was a brand new 2010 Red IS-F in the showroom to make the long story short we ended up with the 2010. My wife wanted an F because of the way it handles and the fact that it can move out of it's own way unlike her previous car. I have a feeling if you can get your wife in the car for a test drive it won't be so hard for her to say yes. What's the worst that can happen she says no again?
Wow..you must really love the IS-F as you have two.:)
Wifey drives an Audi A4 convertible and she only cares about the top down motoring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got my husband to say yes...got used '08 yesterday. I had '01 IS 300 for 7 years and IS 350 for little over a year. Definitely needed the extra 110 hp...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got my husband to say yes...got used '08 yesterday. I had '01 IS 300 for 7 years and IS 350 for little over a year. Definitely needed the extra 110 hp...
Congrats!! I am getting mine next week. We all need the extra 110 hp's..:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts