Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

what's the most stupid question you have been asked about your F?

12K views 42 replies 27 participants last post by  abyars 
#1 ·
I'll start

I got my car detailed and a guy with an m6 asked: "does that car still come with a subaru sti motor like the is350?"

I simply laughed and told him neither models have a subaru motor.

#38 ·
I had roughly the same thing said to me this past weekend. He told me he saw a 2010 ISF for 40K at the dealer. I just laughed.

a mustang pulled up next to me and laughed and sed get a v8 i laughed back as i smoked his shit
:D I've been waiting for a mustang to go against just so I can see their face after I smoke em but no luck so far. I do get a lot of attention from scion TC owners though. They either want to race or drive by my all slow staring at my car.

Pretty much says it all. Having a complete package is what the ISF is all about. Obviously, if all I wanted was speed, I could buy a cheap pony car, strip the insides, and drop in a crate motor angrier than Taylor Swift should be with Kanye West...which, I am planning on doing in a couple years for weekend car.
True, I had a friend with a 650 whp TT G35 sedan say if he would love to have an ISF.

#6 ·
Mine was:

Whats an IS-F?

Me: One Fast Mother******* IS

#11 ·
mine was... wow, that is a nice car... do you know what the F stands for?

my response - yes... but why don't you tell me...

reply was - F stands for Foose (as in Chip Foose). That is his trademark... that means your car was designed by him....

#22 ·
I was also asked this question by a friend a while back.

My response was - Fast lol

I also had a guy have the nerve to ask me when I was putting a real engine in my F. I couldn't stop laughing. I told him when he got something worth while for me to race he could ask me that question again.

#13 ·
I had a guy ask me one time what kind of bodykit I had on my IS350....I just smiled

#18 ·
a good friend of mine's dad just picked up his shelby gt500kr today. it should go nicely with his 2 shelby gt500's. we were just playing poker this evening and i havent told him i ordered an IS F yet, or if he knows what they are.

i'll challenge one of his gt500's first. it might be interesting to see what would happen.

most likely i think i would need some power adders, but he has to work a manual, whereas i will only have to work 2 paddles.

#19 ·
Might be a close race...

http://www.hypertuned.net/vehicle-2008-Shelby-GT500.htm

008 Shelby GT500
0-60 mph. 4.5 sec. 1/4 mile ET. @ mph. 12.9 sec. @ 112 mph. Top Speed 155 mph. Roadholding 0.90 g. | 300-ft.-dia. skidpad Braking 70-0 mph. 172 ft. Horsepower 500 bhp. @ 6000 rpm. Torque 480 lb-ft. @ 4500 rpm. Engine DOHC 32-valves Cylinders V8 Displacement 330 cu. in. (5409 cc) Engine Location front engine Aspiration supercharged Transmission 6-speed manual Drive Wheel rear wheel drive Curb Weight 3896 lbs. lb. per bhp. 7.7 lbs./hp. Base Price $41950

#25 ·
I get a lot of annoying questions like:

1. Is it Fast? WTF am i supposed to answer to that? no it's slow as hell!
2. How much do you pay for that thing? That's just rude

and my all time favorite comment: Driving in my street and a neighbor runs out and waves me down, she says slow down!!!!!!! I tell her im not going that fast it's just the car makes noise, and she looks at me and says "that's a toyota, don't flatter yourself? lol ahahahha i laughed in her face for a while!!!!!!!

#26 ·
I use to get the slow downs in my neighborhood too and I would be doing 25 in a 25. I get "Is that thing fast?" "What does F stand for?" "Does that thing have a V6?" But the best question ever was "Why didn't you get the M3?" (from a kid in an old M3) I took him for a ride on back roads and he couldn't let go of the OH S$#& handel. All he could talk about afterwards was how much faster and much better it sounded then his M3.

#28 ·
Strange as it may sound even after year and half of owning it ONLY handful of people know what the F is!!
Or my favorite, dumbfu**s in my town with their stangs,Sti or 350Z with little mod or less rubbing their engines..Give me a Break!!:rolleyes:
But ironic part is that the guys with better cars than me, I.E Z06,Viper,M6 etc..they don't try to race me b/c they know they can take me although I can keep up with them but that's about furthest it will be..

#30 ·
I don't get asked anything as no one knows what it is. And I learned the hard way on a tuned WRX STI. Damn those things are hella quick. All I can say is I kept up :(

#34 ·
I am so tired of hearing about how much horsepower a mustang has and how fast it does the 1/4 mile. I bought a F because its luxury inside, its fast in the turns, it looks great, and its rare. I sell Fords and have driven the Shelby Snakes. If you only enjoy straight lines buy a Ford. If you enjoy touring at high rates of speed on mountain roads, and turning heads of women that do not smell like meth or gas, buy a LEXUS IS F.

Troy

#35 ·
Pretty much says it all. Having a complete package is what the ISF is all about. Obviously, if all I wanted was speed, I could buy a cheap pony car, strip the insides, and drop in a crate motor angrier than Taylor Swift should be with Kanye West...which, I am planning on doing in a couple years for weekend car.

#42 ·
nothin even close...

Other guy said it looked like a hatchback! They're Texas truck drivin boys though i'm sure they dont see anything but an "import" when they look at it. My dad was like that too - until he drove it. He was giggling like a little girl after about 30 seconds.

That's ok though, anybody who really knows cars knows what it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.