Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Aside from a motorcycle accident a couple years ago, snowboarding is the only sport where I have been seriously injured. A couple months before I finished college (8 years ago), I was snowboarding and jumped off a small cliff with some speed (about a 20 foot drop). I had hit this particular drop off many times before, but when I landed (in a very steep moguled area) I didn't cushion the impact with my legs enough and ended up kneeing myself in the face with all the downward force. I had a helmet on, but it offered no face protection. I eggshell fractured my right cheekbone, and still have two titanium plates there. I had multiple fractures above my right eye, and broke my nose in 13 separate places (didn't know that was even possible). I also fractured a bone back by my sinus. The surgeon put me back together pretty well, but it took a long time to heal. I still love snowboarding, but don't have much time for it anymore.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.