Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Let me make sure I'm understanding correctly, your driving up your driveway in the snow and when you get into the garage you have trouble stopping, correct? Are the tires sliding or is there no pressure on the brakes at all and your still rolling?

If your tires are sliding then I would assume it is what crazee said, there is some snow accumulation inside your treads and when you get on the clean, slick pavement of your driveway, you slip a little and are unable to stop. Is your garage floor painted?

If your applying pressure to the brakes and your not feeling it slow down at all, as if the brakes aren't working, then I would definitely get it checked out soon.

I would guess that it is the first of the two and your just slipping as opposed to not have any brake power and your brakes aren't working.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
No problem. I'm sure it's nothing to be worried about, just be careful going into and out of your garage. If it starts to happen on the road, then I would get concerned and bring it into the dealership soon :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
sounds like you have brake failure. maybe there is water or air in the brake line. check you brake and abs fluid levels. i would take it to the dealer ASAP. never mess around with brakes.
If it was a brake failure, wouldn't he have trouble stopping everywhere he went, not just in his garage?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.