Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i told you guys before that i was getting my valentine 1 radar detector custom installed in my rearview mirror, well it came a success and its perfect, ill explain it before i post the pictures, the guy that did it for me flew in from florida and he has special laser that cuts mirror/glass and literally this was the first he did for a lexus ISF, he usually does Ferrari's, Mercedes Benz, Lamborghini's etc...and it was a success

He cut the class so perfectly that the LED Red Lights from the valentine one the arrows so that it fits in the mirror perfectly, normally when he cuts the mirror it shows where the arrows are, but my mirror he cut the glass it is completely unnoticeable, its unbelievable, if you don't understand ill show you. When you turn the car on then the lights come on then you see the lights, its awesome

Ss well as i got my new blind m25 extreme installed too, not sure if you guys have the light on top of the steering wheel, but he hooked it up there, normally the light is green, but when i am zapped by laser it turns a red and alerts me with a distinct beeping noise, and then i have a custom switch to turn it off. Its incredible.

Those are images without it turned on, notice how you don't see anything at all Completely stocked all functions work on the mirror as well

This is when its turned on all you see are the lights, compass still works, (the valentine one hardwired in the mirror)

Anyone who knows the Valentine 1, the switch thats on the console built in to one of the empty button areas

These are pictures of the blinder m25 extreme that were installed.

Notice the greenlight and the redlight, normally its green when im hit by laser it turns red

When i am hit with laser this is the switch i have to turn off so cops don't notice much when they don't get a reading of my speed.

Hope everyone likes it, im going to take more pics of the mirror at the night, these are pics during the day so its not as clear as it is at night.

Enjoy

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
:eek: That is perhaps the best V1 hardwire install I have ever seen. I love the way it looks imbedded in the mirror! Awesome job! :D

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Price including installation is? $_______.__
I bought the Valentine 1 Myself, cause he was charging a bit much for it, but he also installed the Blinders, but the installation alone was $800 dollars, it was a bit pricey but it was worth every penny!!! :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
nice install!!
anyone in the NYC area interested in setting up a group-install and maybe getting this guy out here for a discount??

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey where are you about in queens dude? im in long island and commute to St John's University Everyday about! should def meet up sometime

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great Install !! Was it a custom shop that did it, or a "Tweeter" like store?
It was a custom shop, the guy came from florida and then he knows people all over nyc cause he used to live here, but moved to west palm beach, but thinking about moving back, but he borrowed his friends shops to do i believe lamborghini gallardo, mercedes cls 63 amg, my lexus isf, and mercedes e63 amg. but yeah thanks, it was a great install i love it

·
Registered
128 Posts
It was a custom shop, the guy came from florida and then he knows people all over nyc cause he used to live here, but moved to west palm beach, but thinking about moving back, but he borrowed his friends shops to do i believe lamborghini gallardo, mercedes cls 63 amg, my lexus isf, and mercedes e63 amg. but yeah thanks, it was a great install i love it
Holy shit I live in West Palm Beach! Lucky me! Would you happen to have this guys info so I can contact him? BTW would it be cheaper for an install since I'm in his backyard? (literally :D )

Thanks,
Steve

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i don't think so because he has some customers in new york and luckily i met him within that time frame and he came up one weekend doing other cars as well!

·
Registered
188 Posts
so where are the v1 sensors mounted? does the V1 get a clean view?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I don't have an ISF (yet), but you can hardwire the V1 to the fuse box using the add a circuit kit from AutoZone without having to splice into the mirror wires.

Furthermore, I personally prefer the concealed display from Valentine 1, because it blacks out the main unit. The mirror mod is a nice touch, but if it goes off at night, it will be noticeable.

Nice install of the Blinder, you should look into the Laser Interceptor.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't have an ISF (yet), but you can hardwire the V1 to the fuse box using the add a circuit kit from AutoZone without having to splice into the mirror wires.

Furthermore, I personally prefer the concealed display from Valentine 1, because it blacks out the main unit. The mirror mod is a nice touch, but if it goes off at night, it will be noticeable.

Nice install of the Blinder, you should look into the Laser Interceptor.
Where else could it be displayed? Too bad it can't pop up on the navigation screen, right?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am floored by that install. Beyond anything I could imagine. I want that in my car. Any additional info you can share?

·
Registered
8 Posts
so where are the v1 sensors mounted? does the V1 get a clean view?
I have the same question. Were the guts of the V1 installed in to the mirror as well or do you still have to mount the unit itself in the windshield and it is the remote display that is mounted in the rearview? I have always thought it would be great if someone could disassemble the V1 and mount the electronics into something more stealth. Here is a pic of how I have my V1 remote display flush mounted in my center console in my Supra and the switch for my blinder under the armrest. The red/green light for my blinder has replaced one of the idiot lights in the upper gauge pod.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts