Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

User feedback Nitto NT05

10K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Discount Tire 
Thanks for the post and review Alex, I am looking forward to hearing more from you on these tires and I am sure we're not the only ones would like to see some pictures of these on your F. :) Something about photos of them bolted on adds a whole new perspective to the tire. Here's the image that can be found on our site.

so im still confused why would i get the invos rather than the better looking nt05?
If you want more comfort and longevity without sacrificing performance, the Nitto Invo is a great option. If you want a tire that offers maximum dry traction that will get decent longevity, the NT05 is a great option. The two models are in different classes. The NT05 is a max performance summer tire geared for dry traction. This model runs in the same class as the RT615 and Z1 Star Spec. This model is also becoming very popular in SCCA. The Invo is categorized as an ultra high performance summer tire geared for overall comfort and handling. The Invo runs in the same class as your Original equipment PS2's.

^
It really depends on what you are looking for out of your tire.

If you DD your F with some occasional auto-x or road course, the NT05 (IMO) would be the better option. If you are mainly using your F for fun, the RE-11 isn't a bad choice.

-Matt

^^ I do daily my F with a couple random auto-x test days and a couple trips to the strip a summer, Im not looking to ever get more that 15k out of a set of tires. Im assuming the Nt05 have better tread life? I bought the RE-11 in the factory tire size, next time Im bumping to 275 in the back and not sure if I should go to a 255 in the front or stay with 245.. any advise? Im also about to have a large hp increase due to ported intake manifold, headers and exhaust so any extra traction/handling advise would be loved!! thanks
The NT05 should get a little more miles than the RE-11 based on their tread wear ratings but it won't be much. These two tires are pretty comparable. You may benefit from two sets of wheels and tires, one for the track and one for daily driving. If go this route you may be able to run an 18" wheel and tire combo at the track, this could save you a little weight and allow you to buy a slightly better track tire with better grip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.