Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

Tyre pressure monitors

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  FChampOH 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell how the TPM work? I dont have it and was thinking whether it was worth getting some. I see that it works wirelessly...but what does it do to indicate low pressure inside the cabin/dash? i have an 08 ISF

#2 ·
If you have an '08 ISF, you have TPM. At least you do if you still have stock wheels, or have moved on to third party wheels and moved your tire valves (which are the TPM sensors) If the sensors weren't there, you would have an indication of a malfunction (low tire pressure) on the dash. That is if you are in US or Canada. With your spelling of tire, I would guess you might be in Canada?

Lou

#3 ·
No im in Australia. I do have the stock wheels. im sure we dont have them (TMP's)...couldn't see it in the owners manual. I was wondering if they can be easily integrated as they are wireless...not sure if our ECU/computer would have the setup for it

#4 ·
Dont you have the ability for a seconday tire config on the controller to the lower left of the steering wheel? You might be able to configure it from there with the Lexus TPM's. Not sure though. This is really a question for your local dealer or one of the fine Lexus reps monitoring this site might chime in.
Andy

#6 ·
Check this website
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoTPMSArticle.dos

there are hundreds of sites that can better explain TPMS than I could. I assume that you do not have the original tires on your car and the TPMS are replaced with the old style vavle stems.

Let me know if this answers your question. If not I'm sure someone here will have a better explanation for you.

good luck

#8 · (Edited)
Check this website

there are hundreds of sites that can better explain TPMS than I could. I assume that you do not have the original tires on your car and the TPMS are replaced with the old style vavle stems.

Let me know if this answers your question. If not I'm sure someone here will have a better explanation for you.

good luck
thanks for the link....I do understand the basics about TPMS but I wasn't sure how it worked specifically to the ISF (What warning do you get in the iSF? Light on the dash?)......Just wanted to know if I could put it in my Aussie ISF easily (which didn't come from the factory with TPMS for Aussie produced cars). But the link did explain why all US cars as of 2008 have TPM...its regulation.

#9 ·
Typically, a new car with factory wheels will have an aluminum valve stem in the wheel instead of a rubber valve stem when it has a TPMS. I'm sorry I don't know about the Australian cars. The valve stem will have an aluminum shoulder that butts up to the wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.