Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twin Turbo kit. I will have the first Prototype in about two weeks.

Its a Remote mount system. Single and Dual set up. Expected retail

should be around 5K for the Twin and About 3800 for the single.

Pics Up son

Oh Yea Twin turbo kit Will support up to 1200 hp. <<< THATS ALOT<<

·
Registered
1 Posts
Isn't the compression ratio of 11.8:1 in the IS-F a little high for a turbo? I currently have a 350z with a ratio somewhere around 10:1 and in researching a turbo for it I found some people were having issue with turbos in the Z because of the ratio. I have also heard of issues with S2000's (another high compression car) and turbos. Most infromation I have found and most of the pros I have talked to agree that engines with high compression need a lot of work before adding a turbo. I guess maybe if it's a variable geometry turbo like in the new Porsche 911 it might work without too many issues. But like most people even though I can afford the car I would rather not be without a warranty. That's I high price to pay for performance along with the possible down time.

·
LexusF.com Moderator
390 Posts
you CAN boost a high compression engine. you'll have to run low boost though. maybe 5-7 PSI depending on the setup. tuning, ECU capabilities, water/meth injection, intercooler capability, gas availability (higher octane the better of course). you can also do some internal work and get some low comp. pistons to bring the ratio down. then you can boost more.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
TRD is working on a Supercharger for the IS-F.. I think I'd wait for a warranty...
But the twin turbo setup sounds awesome !!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I own A shop in Houston TExas , Top Secret Performance. The Kit is a Remote Mount system. STS turbo ans TSP pioneered the remote mount turbos back in 2001-2002 on the toyota tundra, But now the ISF is in focus.

go to ststurbo to find out more info, but the ISF is going to be exclusive TSP
for now. the kit will be twin , intercooled, but thats all I know for know since tunning is going to be done with the help of TRD in Cali..... 11.8 cr but direct injected with boost and intercooled, we should be able to squeez 10 psi with more than 200hp increase on that v8..

·
Registered
17 Posts
trd is not working on a sc

TRD is one of my customers for which I sell parts to. They are currently working on a stroker kit and the first car its going in is the 5 axis car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A 630hp IS-F!!!!!! That will be sick. Sign me up when it comes out. I don't care what anybody says, bigger is ALWAYS!!!!! better, or at least the chicks will dig it more:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
TRD is working on a Supercharger for the IS-F.. I think I'd wait for a warranty...
But the twin turbo setup sounds awesome !!!
I'm with Champ on this one. I'll wait for the Super Charger. Twin Turbo is way to much power for me to deal with in the winter months.

·
Registered
258 Posts
pt "honey-do" expert

This may sound like a stupid question but what's a "honey-do" expert? Is that your wife asking you to do do do? Or is that a person who specializes in honeydew melons? LOL

·
Registered
120 Posts
Haha! One of my systems engineers is from Tennessee and he's a bee farmer on the side with a heavy southern accent. Every meeting, he throws out southern jokes and analogies..some we understand and most we don't. "Honey-do" is basically, "Honey do this...Honey do that..." Yes, is the wife telling us what to do all the damn time!!! haha!

·
Registered
258 Posts
PKROCKT

Ok, that is funny... I thought that's what it might be because that's my wife...I guess it's better than a melon expert..LOL

·
Registered
411 Posts
Turbo Charged IS-F!!! WOW! Over 600 Hp..I can imagine the 0-60 timers is gonna be like..I got my $6k waiting..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts