Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im assuming all lexus/toyota released would be covered under warranty for the is f if released for it? but aftermarket would instantly void it? this is gonna be the only snag on buying the is-f for me , if i can boost it with still be warranty'd hello lexus goodbye bmw :)

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Whenever you replace something on your vehicle, you loose the warranty coverage on that item. So if you replace the exhaust, Lexus is not liable for the aftermarket exhaust rotting away. As far as boosting a motor, it doesn't automatically void a warranty on the motor, but if the boost causes damage, your out....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi Gentleman, I read this post & simply had to respond to ISFonroids BOY,emphasis added.... A reality check is in order. When you purchase any product & then clap the shit out of it & then blow it up you xpect a warranty??? Kindly xplain that for me. As a former M/C roadracer & current Auto trackday guy I can absolutly assure you that your quwest for warranty is misguided at best. Be it BMW or any other manufacturer.My Q for you is why would you need to boost your ISF??? 416 to little for ya?? Ever seen a road course? Ever been on one? Ever drive on one? Ever win anything on one?? I didnt think so. Cheers & dont get your skirt caught in the closing door please...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi Gentleman, I read this post & simply had to respond to ISFonroids BOY,emphasis added.... A reality check is in order. When you purchase any product & then clap the shit out of it & then blow it up you xpect a warranty??? Kindly xplain that for me. As a former M/C roadracer & current Auto trackday guy I can absolutly assure you that your quwest for warranty is misguided at best. Be it BMW or any other manufacturer.My Q for you is why would you need to boost your ISF??? 416 to little for ya?? Ever seen a road course? Ever been on one? Ever drive on one? Ever win anything on one?? I didnt think so. Cheers & dont get your skirt caught in the closing door please...
I just want to add that there is nothing wrong with a little more extra boost. But hey do what you want and it'll be at your own cost.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alex hahahah no. i just bought a 60grand car, I dont think you can call anyone boy on the forum and I CAN CARE LESS IF YOU EVEN HAVE THE IS F . why you chimed in like a total unhelpful and rude douche blows me away, go to the maxima.org forums if your gonna be like that

·
Registered
46 Posts
alex hahahah no. i just bought a 60grand car, I dont think you can call anyone boy on the forum and I CAN CARE LESS IF YOU EVEN HAVE THE IS F . why you chimed in like a total unhelpful and rude douche blows me away, go to the maxima.org forums if your gonna be like that
Uh......it's COULDN'T care less. If you COULD care less then it means that you may indeed care a great deal about it. If you couldn't care less then you're pretty much at the bottom of caring.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

·
Registered
258 Posts
"Can't we all get along?" --famous saying from Rodney "Crackpipe" King

I personally am waiting for some sort of boost or power upgrade, because NO, 416 HP is not enough.I wana keep up with the "big" boys--Porsche,SL600 AMG,GTR & GTR V-SPEC etc... In Fla it's who's bigger,better, and faster! Chics love the sexy lexy lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
racing for honda challenge and nasa pro racing and scca myself true 416 sounds like to much but everyone buys there car for different reasons. I wouldnt mind more power. but theres no reason to belittle someone or talk to them like you are better. comments like that need to be kept to yourself on that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts