Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to the Bahrain international circuit in two weeks time to try out my F. Any advice on what to do to the car before and after going to the track?
Thanks.
www.thegulfrun.com

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
If your not familiar with the track, leave your traction control on and VSC. You'll be suprised how much the car lets you get away with before it jumps in. Also, I'd put the car in Sport Mode. Good luck, have fun and be safe !

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
Im going to the Bahrain international circuit in two weeks time to try out my F. Any advice on what to do to the car before and after going to the track?
Thanks.
www.thegulfrun.com
Not a whole lot of adjustments to make on the car if it is showroom stock. Check all fluid levels before you go. Check torque on lugnuts. When you get there, pull out all floor mats, spare tire, jack and all loose items on the trunk. At the very least I would cover the headlights and driving lights with clear tape or the like to help save from chips, breakage, etc. After the event, I would bleed the brake system and inspect the tires for abnormal wear. Check torque on lugnuts. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
82 Posts
isfq8; is this your first time on a racetrack? and why baharain? i cant imagine the fantastic amount of money your spending just to get your car there n back!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for all the advice, I really appreciate it.

henry zzzz: I live in Kuwait and that track is the closest one we have.

I'm participating in this annual event called the gulf run. Follow this link and go to re blog section and you'll find all the participating cars, 46 total. www.thegulfrun.com

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
^^Do what FChampOH said and have fun, other then that, nothing :) let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I always tell my novice students...leave your egos at home. Too many people wreck on a road course when they try to go balls to da walls in a fast car with insufficient skills. Get all the fundamentals down and lap times will be quicker and quicker...guaranteed!

G'luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts