Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I tried to search but with out success. I thought there was a thread that talked about a touch up paint for the IS-F wheels. Was I dreaming?
I have a small rock chip and Lexus has no solution. I would like to just do it myself since it is so small. Any solutions other than taking to the "wheel guys"? :confused:

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I found some at Pep Boys that is very close. Dupli-Color high performance wheel coating. Color is WP102 graphite. It is a spray paint can. I sprayed some in a small container and used a fine paint brush. It turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I knew that someone knew what to use. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lexus told me that the color code for ISF BBS wheels is 11GY39.
I have searched the web and not been able to find a supplier for it online...
If anybody knows where to get it please post it...

Pete in Aptos, CA
2010 Starfire Pearl

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I've used Toyota color code 1E3, Phantom Grey with success. I have it in a brush tube applicator. Took some time to find it, but it works.

Lou

·
Registered
29 Posts
Duplicolor Suggestion

Try Dupli-Color's NS 00596 Brushed Pewter. It's a "perfect match" of Nissan's CS3. Only available in the Scratch Fix 2in1; no spray can unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Sewell Lexus has confirmed Toyota Paint Code 1E3 and now sell it on their site.

A buyer confirmed that the paint code was indeed 1E3.

Lou

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just checked online for Toyota 1E3; companies like ExpressPaint have it in a range of options in addition to the standard pen at $14.95.

For example, a 2 fl.oz. jar is $17.95, a 11 fl.oz. aerosol can is $24.95, and rim paint (whatever that is) is also $24.95. Ouch!

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Places like Auto Zone have it in a tube with a brush for much cheaper.

Lou

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.