Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
May be a stupid question and i know i could find out by phoning Lexus, but i am currently working away and its difficult. But i am looking to buy a Toms filter for my ISF in the UK and i have found one advertised as being for the IS250/350. Is this the same panel or do i need a specific F one?

Thanks
Paul

You need a filter specific to the F. ISX50 filters and intake system are different.

Lou

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well i finally got hold of my Toms filter and im pleased i fitted it. I found replacing the air filter very easy and in my opinion there is definitely more power. Im not sure on how much but i can definitely feel it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well an Air Filter is just a filter, the potential gains are minimal at best, its more of a complement type of modification. You increase your free flow of the air therefore the potential for more power is there so if you do other modifications it will complement it such as something more free flow like an exhaust system or headers. After you reset the ECU or drive around with the filter on for a week or so the ECU will automatically adjust the Air/Fuel ratio to match your new amount of air that is coming into your engine with that much more fuel. Its always a plus to have a high quality, free flowing filter.
Im about to buy a Toms filter and Joe Z intake pipe to go with my Borla axle exhaust......so whats better resetting ECU or driving around and allowing the ECU to recalibrate?? (also how do you go about resetting your ECU?)

41 - 44 of 44 Posts