Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you guys out there running the Joe Z intake pipe and want a new filter hit up Clark at Vip. He has a great deal on an air filter from Tom's that replaces the factory one. If your looking for additional air flow from your stock intake or joe z intake pipe this would be the way to go. I'm waiting for mine to come next week i'll keep everyone informed on how good it is. Knowing Clark he won't disappoint.

·
Registered
44 Posts
just installed mine, very nice product and a perfect fit! Should definately flow more air than the stock filter which has a VERY tight pleat. Not sure how that thing allows any air thru it!

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Anyone have any pictures of the stock filter and Toms filter next to each other? I would like to see the difference between the thickness of the two before ordering one.

I'm personally a little skeptical to purchase an aftermarket filter for the F after all the problems and loss of horsepower people have been experiencing with filters already on the market

·
Registered
126 Posts
BigMike... which filters have you heard about giving problems? I'd like to know so I can avoid them... i put the amsoil in mine and can't say I been too happy with it... let me know

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I'll send them to you over PM as I don't want to look like I am bashing companies or anything of the sort. Check your inbox

·
Registered
52 Posts
I havent installed the Exhaust YET, but did install my TOMS air filter on Saturday. WOW! Yes, in conjunction with the intake pipe, it make a difference. I was VERY skeptical about feeling a difference 9even though I know that the DYNO substantiates HP increase clamis), I FELT and HEARD the difference.

In SPORT mode, my 1st - 2nd gear shift resulted in not just a chrip, but a long screetch! I mean, the tires actually spun! All I have is a JOE Z intake pipe and TOMS filter. Cant wait to see what happens when I finally install the JOE Z exhaust!!!!

Do you notice a difference in power?

·
Registered
295 Posts
... Anyone have any pictures of the stock filter and Toms filter next to each other? I would like to see the difference between the thickness of the two before ordering one.

I'm personally a little skeptical to purchase an aftermarket filter for the F after all the problems and loss of horsepower people have been experiencing with filters already on the market
2008 Mercury Metallic IS-F- Joe Z Exhaust, Joe Z Intake, TOMS Filter, Lexon Roof and Front Lip Spoilers, Carbon Fiber Pillars, Black Chrome Emblems, LED Interior Lights, Hardwired Passport 9500xi, 35% Tint ...

Mike, what Toms filter do you have? I thought you had them as it says on your signature profile.

·
Registered
75 Posts
... Anyone have any pictures of the stock filter and Toms filter next to each other? I would like to see the difference between the thickness of the two before ordering one.

QUOTE]

Exactly how I feel. It be nice to see someone dyno the Tom's filter...Darshana S..

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
My car is currently at the dealership for some work but when I get it back I'll be happy to take the filters out and take some pics for ya'll. It is a dry filter that is a little thinner then the stock one. I haven't noticed any gains or losses yet (not that I really would be able to tell if I gained or lost 5 or so rwhp). The car should be back sometime late this afternoon and I can hopefully get those pics taken.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Supraman, reason why I'm interested with drop-ins is because with the warm weather here in the Philippines, my experience with cone/mushroom types (like K&N and HKS) is nothing special. I like Pipercross filters personally but none yet for the F. I ordered the Tom's to see how it does.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Who do I need to hit up to aquire a Tom's filter? Thanks in advance!
I would try calling Clark at VIP AutoSalon. Their number there is (310) 618-8886. Very nice guy and great customer service.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I would try calling Clark at VIP AutoSalon. Their number there is (310) 618-8886. Very nice guy and great customer service.
As of last week Clark still had a few in stock. You could also email him at [email protected]

·
Registered
11 Posts

Well an Air Filter is just a filter, the potential gains are minimal at best, its more of a complement type of modification. You increase your free flow of the air therefore the potential for more power is there so if you do other modifications it will complement it such as something more free flow like an exhaust system or headers. After you reset the ECU or drive around with the filter on for a week or so the ECU will automatically adjust the Air/Fuel ratio to match your new amount of air that is coming into your engine with that much more fuel. Its always a plus to have a high quality, free flowing filter.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I just had a few extra minutes to snap some photos of the stock filter vs. the TOM's filter. Enjoy

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
^Anytime, feel free to ask any more questions y'all might have about it :cool:

·
Registered
72 Posts
^Anytime, feel free to ask any more questions y'all might have about it :cool:
how much was the cost plus shipping. i like to know and clark is away from the office from wat i heard so please tell us. i plan to go with joez intake and toms filter.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts