Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had something interesting happen to me today. I was pulling up to a stop light and the red triangle starting flashing, the TPMS light came on and the display indicated a fault in the TPMS system.

It turns out that when the dealer remounted my stock rims and summer tires, they forgot to switch the the main tire set. Switching it back myself cleared the fault after a few minutes. I thought I would post this in case anyone else runs into this problem.

I'm enjoying having the summer tires back on. I had forgotten how "squishy" the winter tires had felt. The car feels totally different now. Of course the ES loaner I had while it was in for service may have had something to do with it too :)

Jeff
08 Smoky Granite Mica IS-F

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just be thankful you got a Lexus loaner. I gave my car in for the 5k service and I received a Rav 4 that was pretty dirty inside.

The dealer I go to is usually busy but I was still a little surprised...and not in a good way.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just be thankful you got a Lexus loaner. I gave my car in for the 5k service and I received a Rav 4 that was pretty dirty inside.

The dealer I go to is usually busy but I was still a little surprised...and not in a good way.
Yeah, the loaner was a 09 ES350 with 1,500 miles so I'm very lucky. I've also had a fairly new RX350.

My dealer really takes care of me very well. The only bad thing is their service seems to 2-3x as much as my Acura TL.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I wish I could be sure that it would not snow again. It hit 70 degrees today and my summer rubber was calling me.

·
Registered
295 Posts
March at 70 degrees in CO? Don't bite! It's the CIA trying to con you. ha ha!You better ignore the calling of the summer tires for now cause you know better than i do that you could be getting a snow storm tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Dealer Must Be Slackin'

The same service visit where my dealer forgot to switch my TPMS system to the main set, they also forgot to reset my oil service warning. It just popped on today when I was driving home from work.

Thanks to this forum, I was able to reset the service indicator. :)

Hopefully the service department was just having a bad day.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts