Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i recently got my is-f and i was wondering what the tire life on the potenzas should be. Looking at the tires the tread doesnt look to thick.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Performance tires don't last to long, especially if the car is "pushed" into corners. So much depends on how you drive and where you drive.

10K to 20,000 miles I would estimate average life

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Performance tires don't last to long, especially if the car is "pushed" into corners. So much depends on how you drive and where you drive.

10K to 20,000 miles I would estimate average life
I agree, but if you have some heavy track time in the mix, that could be shorter. We went through a set in about 2600 miles of heavy track time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I believe everyone will get around 8k-10k...again depends on how you push it. We have had an IS-F were I work for 1 year and the tires were done at 9,500...being pushed hard.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I believe everyone will get around 8k-10k...again depends on how you push it. We have had an IS-F were I work for 1 year and the tires were done at 9,500...being pushed hard.

You've had an IS-F at work for a year now?!? Where do you work?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Saw one at our dealership has the same type of tread life warning sticker on the window I have seen on GS's and others that come with run-flat's.
This one said owners may experience full life of usable tread in under 15,000 miles.
(GS stickers say it's rated for about 20,000)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts