Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious how many of you once car has been driven have developped a ticking drivers side bottom engine area? Mine has been doing this as of late. A customer of mine had same issue. Lexus at first told him that it was everything from injector pulse to switching to motul synthetic. Problem still existed and evelntually customer complained enough that he got a new short block.

Anyone?
Torsten

·
LexusF.com SPAM Police
689 Posts
Not sure if this is what you are talking about, but here is the experience I had:

I had a little "tick or rattle" in my car last summer. I put it on the lift and removed the plastic covers on the bottom of the car and took out a couple pebbles that got up in there somehow. I haven't had the problem since then that I have noticed.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The tick from the direct port is from the top of the engine area? I have it in mine as well as the IS350 I had. Nothing to be concerned about???
Andy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
"The tick from the direct port is from the top of the engine area? I have it in mine as well as the IS350 I had. Nothing to be concerned about???"
Andy

In all fairness this is a completely different motor. Can't compare! Ticking drivers side bottom of engine.

I have no sound on pc at work will listen tonight

Thanks Guys
Torsten

·
Registered
386 Posts
Its the same direct port set up just minus 2 cylinders. Your issue is not the injection system in my opinion, so take it to the dealer if your concerns are that serious. Quite frankly, posting on a forum will net you a lot of different answers as the forum is opinion based as we do not have your vehicle in front of us to diagnose. I responded to your question. Good Luck.

@Infinus, mine sounds like yours at .50 in your vid, very consistent tick from DPI, the loud inconsistent knock/tick is not in mine. Thats loud.

Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts