Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I am really enjoying my IS F, one thing that I would change is that while in the manual mode, it would be my preference that the tranny did NOT downshift before I wanted it to. It will only upshift when I pull the shift lever, but it will downshift when the computer tells it to, which is sometimes before I am ready for the downshift to happen....

Besides the obvious effect of not really being in full control, even while in the manual mode, it also made for a bigger learning curve as you can't count upshifts as they don't always correspond to the same number of downshifts one needs to get to their desired gear.....

Does this bother anyone else???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Put the sport mode on at the same time and transmission will not downshift until it absolutely has to... One of MY favorite thing IS-F does when I'm using manual mode is that transmission will 'blip' for you when you downshift... you might want to start downshifting a little earlier than you are custom to and see how it 'blips' for you.. it's a thing of beauty. When I had a manual transmission, I tried to do it a few times and almost lost control of the car.:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
EvilPossum,

I am glad to hear that you have an ISF and now the roads are safer then :)

" When I had a manual transmission, I tried to do it a few times and almost lost control of the car." :D

Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts