The spam that this forum is getting hit with recently disgusts me

we need to not view the threads so they go away
dont let these low lifes ruin this nice forum

its pathetic

get a real job spammers

·
Registered
434 Posts
i think mods and admins should remove the posts and delete the user's that made them.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
This wave seems to be really serious. It's getting out of control. There has to more control by the mods and admins. I've never seen so many spamers on a forum as I've seen here. A real waste of time.

Lou

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, please moderators... delete the spammers!!!

·
LexusF.com Moderator
390 Posts
as soon as they get in, i try to clean them out. ip is banned automatically when we ban them. mods can only do so much. admin is the only one that can control the registration process?

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
This is now getting to be ridicules. I just went to New Posts, and out of Ten, Seven were spam. Fix this, or you'll start losing members. It's starting to become too cumbersome to wade through all the garbage.

Lou

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Mods and admins - You gotta do something. Your malaise over the handling of this issue is not satisfactory. When I signed into new posts this morning six of six were spam. This is clearly not acceptable. I paid money here for a Premium Membership and I expect at least average maintenance for this site. Clearly the maintenance here is very substandard.

Lou

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
I just signed in and what do I see? ...9 new spam threads staring at me!!!

·
LexusF.com Moderator
390 Posts
FYI, moderators aren't paid anything. we volunteer our time here. i'm as frustrated with the spam here as the rest of you all.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
u tell um lou hahaha
im not that angry
but it does put me off tho
id prob be just as upset if i had paid for a premium membership

if people wouldnt view it, it would just be a waste of time to this kind of scum
DONT VIEW IT
DONT CLICK ON IT

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
FYI, moderators aren't paid anything. we volunteer our time here. i'm as frustrated with the spam here as the rest of you all.
I understand, but clearly you must have some influence with those who are making a profit on this site. Since things are so bad here, again - the worst spam plague I've ever seen on any site I've ever frequented, there has to be something that those in power can do to recognize spam and put a stop to it, before it happens:confused:

Lou

·
LexusF.com Moderator
390 Posts
I understand, but clearly you must have some influence with those who are making a profit on this site. Since things are so bad here, again - the worst spam plague I've ever seen on any site I've ever frequented, there has to be something that those in power can do to recognize spam and put a stop to it, before it happens:confused:

Lou
Well Lou, I try what I can. I don't seem him online as much as he seems busy. I believe there are 2 or 3 other mods besides myself. I've posted a thread in the Mod Forum asking Admin if he can do something about it. If Admin gave the mods Admin capabilities, that'd help a lot.

I've been a mod on the biggest Toyota Matrix forum out there and the spam was a lot worse there than here. That site has about 40k+ registered members. So if this forum were as big as that one, I can only imagine it being as bad as that one was.

I forget how registration for this site works, but is there a capcha enabled? Every user that gets ban and cleaned, their IP address is also banned. But there are an infinite amount of IPs out there. =\

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts

Lou
Lou,

Like you I am frustrated with constantly getting notifications for the spam. Bulls already notified our admins to look into the issue. Unfortunately spam hits any message board...and mail as we all know. This spam isn't bad compared to some of the other forums out there. There are several of us actively deleting the spam posts as they come.

I've been a part of the Lexus community for 10+ years. All my time here, CL and my.IS and everywhere else are VOLUNTARY. None of us get paid to do this. On that note, I have my reservations for "paying" membership on any forum community. It's not that I don't support the cause, there are plenty of vendors that support us. :)

-Ryan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts