Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my black ISF last week and am really enjoying it. Traded in my black GS430. Prior to that I had 2 different black SC's, a black M-45 and a black Cressida. (do you think I like black?) Also had a few other fast cars like a '65 GTO with Tri-power, Z-28 with a Corvette engine, Firebird Formula, Corvette and a few others, but none compare to the ISF. Picked up some good info here which steered me away from a C63 and to the ISF. Thanks. My wife drives an RX400h and really likes it, too.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the site!! Where in the Hill Country are you?!

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome Oldtimer. I am another old timer (70 in 7 weeks)

And I am in Houston, but spend at least a week each summer in the Hill Country. Like you, I have had multiple fast cars through the years, beginning with a '57 Olds Super 88 with the J-2 set-up (3-2bbls), a '86 Trans Am with Nitrous, an '87 GTA, an '89 Formula 350 and a '95 TA Convert. The F is much quicker and handles better than any previous.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Welcome! Wow Black Cressida huh? Now that's classic Toyota flagship right there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes,Flipside, that Cressida was a great highway cruiser. I had a maroon '86 and a black '89. That in-line six with dual OH cams was a fantastic engine. The salesman started the engine and placed a nickle on it's edge on the timing chain cover and it did not fall over. Talk about smooth!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts