Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

TEIN Comfort Sport CST for ISF

9K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  isflojo 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I just picked up my new ISF last month and I'm finding the suspension much firmer than I had expected for everyday use.

Do you think that putting in the the Tein Comfort Sport CST coilovers and putting them on a softer setting would solve the problem?
I was told that there's 16 adjustments to the damping force...

Has anyone done this before?

Many thanks for your help!!!

Ribena

#2 ·
Actually the Tein CST at their stiffest setting is softer than OEM's dampening. I'm going to guess your shocks are still at "0" or default stiff.

If I recall correctly Full clockwise is full stiff. Counterclockwise softens. I would start with a 7 front and 6 rear to start...and then work from there. You never want to go past the 16 click mark as that will give you problems.

#13 ·
They are putting it on a softer setting to get it to ride more plush than OEM...
I was referring to flipside909's post;)

#3 ·
Hello Flipside.

Thanks for the feedback!

I actually haven't purchase the Tein CST yet.

So you reckon that putting them on would definately give me a softer ride than standard oem?

Kind regards,

Ribena

#4 ·
I don't know about the coilovers, but I put on Tien Springs to lower my car and am surprised as to how much more compliant the ride is. I could only imagine that the coilovers, offering numerous settings, would make the ride even softer when wanted.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

#5 ·
thanks for the help guys!!!
I finally installed the TEIN CST and love them...

definately a much more compliant ride...
no more of the back breaking shock rebounds...

currently have them set on 8 at the front and 6 at the back...
they are of very high quality finish and are very easy to adjust...

Cheers!

Ribena

#6 ·
Thanks for the update. Did you install yourself? How hard was it? Before and after pics? Do you have problems scraping?

#7 ·
the mechanic installed it for me...
rides not hard at all, but you can make it harder by adjusting the shock settings... Tein recommends 8 on the front and 6 on the back...
i don't have problems scraping because I've set it back to stock height...

#9 ·
I'm glad to hear the Comforts are nice to drive on... just bought them too, and now I'm looking forward to install.

#10 · (Edited)
I dunno what everyone is saying how the stiffest setting on the CST is softer then OEM's dampening. I find the stiffest setting stiffer and a much rougher ride then OEM suspension. I've had my CST installed for over a year now.

#12 ·
They are putting it on a softer setting to get it to ride more plush than OEM...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.