Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was making a left on green when i was t-boned by a crazy lady on xanax that ran the red light and i couldnt proceed until the car infront turned first she hit me the car spun and did a 360 ,the car is not totaled but has lots of damage

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sorry, man- that totally sucks!! :-(
Did you come through unscathed? That's the important thing..
What do you think of the "safety" as far as airbags, side beams, etc?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as safety wen everything worked put well not a scratch gt hit by the side curtain airbag but that was the worst thing I would give it five stars i got hit from a dead stop while she was google atleast 40 50 andni had a passanger we both walked away Fine so even if it was totaled I would of got another one never felt safer jus hope to get my car back soon

·
Registered
411 Posts
My God! Your probably looking at $3K in parts and who knows how much in labor cost..
Although insurance will cover it..

·
Registered
165 Posts
Bro, make sure you point out to the adjuster that there is no gap all the way to the end where the trunk is!!! your car is very close to totalled... your doors, side airbags, curtain bags, seats, door pillars,,, all done,, If its not totalled, make sure they pay for all oem parts only!!! Kinda stupid to get hit and then it gets fixed with used or aftermarket parts,,, tell them this, would you like it if I chopped off your leg and just say that I'll glue it back for you and put a band-aid over the boo boo??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bro, make sure you point out to the adjuster that there is no gap all the way to the end where the trunk is!!! your car is very close to totalled... your doors, side airbags, curtain bags, seats, door pillars,,, all done,, If its not totalled, make sure they pay for all oem parts only!!! Kinda stupid to get hit and then it gets fixed with used or aftermarket parts,,, tell them this, would you like it if I chopped off your leg and just say that I'll glue it back for you and put a band-aid over the boo boo??
the seat alone cost 5k i wish they would of just totaled it the pillar is done the adjuster said all oem parts car fully resprayed but this is bs and what gap all the way to the end

·
Registered
386 Posts
Man thats SUCKS!!!!!!!! Damn safe car though!!!! And it really looks totaled fella.

·
Registered
165 Posts
what??? they didnt totalled this car??? I dunno bro,, this car will never feel the same afterwards... better be careful,, some bodyshops have hook-ups with the adjuster,,, they give it a very light estimate up front so the cars not totalled.. then afterwards, they order the parts you need and rip apart your car to find ALOT more damages inside and call for a supplement,, by that time it is clear that the car should have been totalled in the beginning but since they already have parts ordered and already started working on your car,, they have to continue with their project... "trust me,, I've seen my buddy do this at his bodyshop" Samething happened to a buddys brand new bmw... original shop said $13k in damage,, toweed it to another shop and it was declared total at the second shop... tell me how you jump from $13k in damage to totalling out a $44k 8 month old 328xi????

·
Registered
165 Posts
Oh man, I just realized your from Jersey too.. that means this accidents gonna be on your carfax report too... there goes the value of your car down the drain when you wanna trade it in!!! sigh........

·
Registered
149 Posts
was making a left on green when i was t-boned by a crazy lady on xanax that ran the red light and i couldnt proceed until the car infront turned first she hit me the car spun and did a 360 ,the car is not totaled but has lots of damage
Damn! On a positive note, the smoked lights look nice.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Bro make sure they get it totaled! fight for it as much as you can. I wouldn't let them fix it. The important is that you're fine. From what I can see is that you'll be much better off totaling it. Good luck man

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you for all comments im trying hard im gonna see about getting another adjuster to take a look i really dont understand how its not totaled, and thanks for the comment on the tails =]

·
Registered
165 Posts
thank you for all comments im trying hard im gonna see about getting another adjuster to take a look i really dont understand how its not totaled, and thanks for the comment on the tails =]
yeah,, its bs,,, no way that thing isnt totalled... Im telling you, they are trying to pull some shady shit... dude,, like you said, the damn drivers seat is already $5k,,, 2 doors,, door pillar, gotta have some kinda rail damage, the roofs gotta be somewhat kinked,, quarters, doglegs,, side airbags,,, insane if you ask me... heres the trick,, ask your local lexus dealer,, which bodyshop they recommend and use,, tow it there and have their shop look at it... Im pretty sure, you will get new lexus doors, new everything oem,, oem... and the price will definitely bring it to near total!!! Thats what we did with my buddies 328xi. and it was totalled

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'd agree on declaring it a total loss. I had a similar accident, but with my 4 Runner, and my left front tire was torn off and the whole frame twisted. The dealership didn't declare it a total loss, which is BS. So I just traded it in for a new vehicle. I lost a lot of money, but at least I'm driving a better and safer vehicle, which matters most.

·
Registered
187 Posts
on another car maybe
but not on a car like this
this is a high performance auto

its a write off, frame is prob bent to hell

·
Registered
386 Posts
On a lighter note, wasn't someone needing a bumper hole cover? There are two of them blown out of his rear bumper :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
My two cents, which is more of the same.... Insist on "total loss" for your F. It's just not f'n cool for them to try and repair it. Itwill NEVER be the same, believe us. If not, bite the bullet and try to get whatever is fair value.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts