Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would be interested if Toyota made a supercharger for it, and you could get it with full factory warranty, and it wouldn't void the drivetrain warranty. I'm not sure if I would want to do an aftermarket one without the warranty though. I had problems with the aftermarket supercharger on one of my previous rides. I ended up with a leaky supercharger just after the supercharger warranty expired. That expensive supercharger oil was leaving a puddle in my driveway. The worst part was that my engine was also damaged, probably due to the supercharger. Drivetrain warranty was void :( Also, there were driveability issues, including problems with cold starts in really cold weather.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Screw the S/C. Turbo baby! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thats probably what I will do as well..
Since I have always owned "used" cars I was never really reluctant to modify my cars but buying new, I don't know if I will feel comfortable tinkering with this and that until I am atleast comfortable with the car. Because of the ULEV2 rating and no GG tax restrictions, I bet additional horsepower will be very easy to come across on this car with a small amount of aftermarket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We thought boosting the is300 putting $10,000+ Just to get the car running. Now Imagine the IS-F OMG $$$,$$$.

It would be awesome to here a IS-F just rolling down the street and turbo spools wastegate opens tires start to loose grip and the diff locks and the blow off valve goes off. OMG THATS SOOO SEXY!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bob Norwood of Norwood Ferrari who hold 127 Guiness Book World Records for Speed has been contacted about a Turbo kit. EST POWER : 700WHP!

·
Registered
188 Posts
sooo whatever happened to the Supercharger made by Greddy?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts