Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TRD is developing a supercharger for the IS-F. Mules are testing it right now, the target is 625 bhp:eek:

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, I spoke with one of the test drivers who works for TRD. I am selling his niece an IS350, and he told me about the project. I have his contact info and will be keeping in touch to bring you guys the latest.:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sounds good...please do keep us posted about this one as I'm extremely interested in hearing about it and how it performed in road testing, etc. I can't fathom this car with the 625 TRD apparently claims they're shooting for, but it would be amazing to pilot something like that.

Thanks for keeping the forum posted on this one...I'm certain there will be tons of interest.

Best,
A/Rushnut

·
Registered
62 Posts
Its Roots type.

TRD developed the tundra Supercharger for the 2000-2003 model tundras , both lexus and toyota share the same V8 shortblocks, i know this because I built a 2001 tundra 4.7 v8 with gs430 vvt-i heads and the intake manifold although a bit different were the identical bolt pattern. so is the IS-F's

I will post some old pics of my build and you can see. I even had some phenolic spacers built for the manifold temp, to stay cooler than the engine i might have those laying around still. so for those brave enough to try this.

You can essentially Bolt on a Tundra Supercharger to the Is-f engine but your going to need a different hood. Also fyi, I developed and Overdrive( crank) pulley for that application making more Boost (11psi, stock was 6psi) and an underdrive for those who wanted to free up some parasitic drive, in an all motor application. I believe the underdrive is still available From my machinest( the Neatest thing about that Pulley was how silent the engine ran

·
Registered
99 Posts
I talked with my Lexus dealer last month about warantee issues. If TRD releases the supercharger for the IS-F and it is installed by the Lexus dealer, the warantee will not be voided. Since all of our F's are so new it would be nice to be able to retain the warantee and also have the supercharger. Since 417 hp is so much fun, just immagine how much fun 625 would be.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I talked with my Lexus dealer last month about warantee issues. If TRD releases the supercharger for the IS-F and it is installed by the Lexus dealer, the warantee will not be voided. Since all of our F's are so new it would be nice to be able to retain the warantee and also have the supercharger. Since 417 hp is so much fun, just immagine how much fun 625 would be.
I would say more like 550hp conservatively. Roots type blowers are limited unlike turbos. they are parasitic, takes power to make power. so about 125 hp added is more realistic.

Average Hp gain per psi is about 12.5 hp per psi . Intercooled. so about 10 psi is 125 hp gain. this is rough though not precise and since our engines are production engines they have some variations in this figure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
https://www.aspracing.com/ezRetail/search/view.php?msg_id=371

ASp Made the pulley for me back in 2002, The want 150 for it but i can get it much cheaper than that from them. This pulley replaces the stock crank pulley and you will need a smaller serpentine belt . You can free up about 15 hp on a tundra so I would think about 20 easy on the Is-f. plus its alluminum,

less rotating weight.

this pulley wont work (UPDATE)
the IS-F has a very Nicely adapted Harmonic Balancer attached to it.
Might have to have ASP re engineer one for me.

Ill update later.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ok, they produce the supercharger, put it under the hood.... what abot transmission? what about the brakes? 8 speed will be ok with that supercharger? many questions...

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Yola,

If TRD is producing the Supercharger, they are NOT going to make something that put's too much stress/power on the other parts of the vehicle.

WHEN this comes out, watch out !!!! It should come with a new pair of boxer's or short's, because I'm sure it will scare the Sh*t out of most people !!

·
Registered
258 Posts
THE most important thing you have to remember is, is it going to comply with the manufactures warranty? There's no way I'm going to void the warranty on my car that costs over 65k where the parts are expensive as hell! It's great to know because maybe in 6 years that's a different story! vroooom

·
Registered
258 Posts
I talked with my Lexus dealer last month about warantee issues. If TRD releases the supercharger for the IS-F and it is installed by the Lexus dealer, the warantee will not be voided

That's IF the dealer has the capability to install it AND even if they do they still may only cover it for a short time,because of the expense it would cost.

·
Registered
411 Posts
0-60 under 3.8 maybe..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.