Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I've had my F for a couple of months now, and now I'm forever a Lexus fan. My previous car was a 2002 M3, which I loved. I never thought I would buy anything other than a bimmer. However, when I was shopping around to replace my M3, I was curious about other options. I could have easily bought the new M, but when I saw that Lexus created their first true sports car, I couldn't resist. I have never owned a Lexus before, but was always impressed with the brand's quality and reliability. And, when I took that first test drive, I was sold!! Lexus got it right. The power, the handling, the look, and the sound. This is a car that needs no mods (in my opinion). I had to mod my M3 to get that sucker right. The F has turned out to be a good commuter car too because under cruising conditions, it's actually very comfortable (a bit stiff if you're driving on rough roads) and quiet. But, let it loose, and you're in a whole different world (got my first speeding ticket already). Also, the only thing that I didn't like on the car when I first bought it were the exhaust tips, but now it's one of my favorite design elements on the car. I don't care that they are not "attached" to the actual exhaust. Exhaust tips are just tubes that channel the gas from the muffler to the environment. Well, these "fake" tips do the same thing. Anyway, I'm a very happy F owner. I know this is still the honeymoon period, but I've got high hopes for a long lasting love affair. Hopefully, the F will not disappoint and demonstrate the award-winning reliability that Lexus is known for. Coming from owning an M3, my wallet can use a maintenance-free vehicle! That's all for now..........

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Welcome to the site!! :) Glad your enjoy your F as much as we do! :D What color combination did you choose? Its good to see another BMW owner trading in for the F, I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed with the reliability of Lexus

But, let it loose, and you're in a whole different world (got my first speeding ticket already).
Looks like your going to fit in great here :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Starfire Pearl and Black. The pearl white paint that was specially formulated for the F is absolutely gorgeous. Best pearl out there.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
That's awesome. Congrats on your IS-F. I'm actually going to be in the Bay this weekend! LOL

What part of the Bay are you from? We're going to throw our annual End of Summer Meet back at Stevens Creek this year. More info here.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Starfire Pearl and Black. The pearl white paint that was specially formulated for the F is absolutely gorgeous. Best pearl out there.
Welcome, My Twin! lol.:D Finally someone else with my exact color from Exterior and interior..Enjoy the car bro, I sure am..
By the way kinda off the subject but I finally IS-F Today, Ultra Sonic Blue on the Road..Don't hate me on this but I don't know why but the color is pretty but it doesn't on the car as Black or Starfire Pearl..The Guy was looking right dead at me as I was smirking..It was hilarious..:D

So as of now, I"m not the ONLY one no longer in town with the F.Oh well..:cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's awesome. Congrats on your IS-F. I'm actually going to be in the Bay this weekend! LOL

What part of the Bay are you from? We're going to throw our annual End of Summer Meet back at Stevens Creek this year. More info here.
I live in Los Altos, which is very close to Stanford Univ. I actually got my car from Stevens Creek. Unfortunately, I can make the event. Sounds like fun. Have a great time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome, My Twin! lol.:D Finally someone else with my exact color from Exterior and interior..Enjoy the car bro, I sure am..
By the way kinda off the subject but I finally IS-F Today, Ultra Sonic Blue on the Road..Don't hate me on this but I don't know why but the color is pretty but it doesn't on the car as Black or Starfire Pearl..The Guy was looking right dead at me as I was smirking..It was hilarious..:D

So as of now, I"m not the ONLY one no longer in town with the F.Oh well..:cool:
Thanks, bro. I've only seen 2 other F's here in Norcal, which is surprising.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Welcome to the Site !! My father lives in San Jose Ca and he said he has seen a "few" already. For those that remember, he is a Bimmer guy, and even he liked the IS-F !!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wish they had gone with a plain white with no metalflake. You would never see a pearl white on a Mercedes or BMW. It reminds me of an old GM car.

To quote someone on this forum: "The Starfire Pearl looks like white painted by a 9 year old school girl with a penchant for glitter".

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thanks, bro. I've only seen 2 other F's here in Norcal, which is surprising.
I purchased mine back in 03/31/2008 when it just barely arrived in the states..I was the first customer to purchase the vehicle at the time..few weeks later one of my buddy swears he saw a Black F at a downtown but that still is a unsolved mystery to me till this day but likely believable since I did see a Blue one recently as I indicated..In any case enjoy the long ownership of this Beautiful vehicle..I sure am at least for 2-3 years or so before debating on GTR(Can't get it right now due to HUGE markup on these suckers, Whopping $20K:eek: ) or something else altogether..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome to the Site !! My father lives in San Jose Ca and he said he has seen a "few" already. For those that remember, he is a Bimmer guy, and even he liked the IS-F !!
ive seen 3 so far on the street

one in silver
one in red
one in black.

FYI Stevens creek has 7 right now in showroom
2 in white
3 in silver
2 in black.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
ive seen 3 so far on the street

one in silver
one in red
one in black.

FYI Stevens creek has 7 right now in showroom
2 in white
3 in silver
2 in black.
I was just at Stevens Creek today. In the showroom they only have one in Starfire and one parked out front in Ultrasonic.

There are a handful of Obsidian, Mercury Metallic and one Starfire upstairs on the 2nd floor. I counted a total of 9.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was just at Stevens Creek today. In the showroom they only have one in Starfire and one parked out front in Ultrasonic.

There are a handful of Obsidian, Mercury Metallic and one Starfire upstairs on the 2nd floor. I counted a total of 9.
9? geez. they must have gotten a couple more the last few days.

·
Registered
80 Posts
9 wow , i was there a 2weeks ago and they had 7, so i guess they got 2 more.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome to the site. Most of us here are converts from another brand, even though I have had other Lexus models before (ES, GS, GX, SC), this one beats them all.

Find a way to get in some track time somewhere nearby, that will cut down on the number of speeding tickets... :)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I live in Vancouver Washington just north of Portland Oregon and am surprised that in our town there are 3 F's. My Ultrasonic blue a starfire pearl and the silver. All look good. The silver isn't very eye catching though.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I live in Vancouver Washington just north of Portland Oregon and am surprised that in our town there are 3 F's. My Ultrasonic blue a starfire pearl and the silver. All look good. The silver isn't very eye catching though.
This is true, much more subtle :) But when you do notice it, it looks great with the graphite wheels :D

I've seen one other one in Austin and one in Dallas, other then that, haven't seen any others so far :)

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
i bet in your area, the blue def stands out a alot honestly in nyc and stuff the blue doesn't stand out alot...it does a little but people are like ohh it looks like a regular is until they actually see the exhaust pipes, but if they see like a lime green or a yellow lamborghini or lollipop red ferrari that catches their eye...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts