Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Software update from Lexus? (Brake & Gas pedals)

Lexus has said it will introduce a software update that will, if the gas and the brake pedals are pressed at the same time, ignore the gas pedal. When I asked my dealer about this, he said that it will react to even the slightest pressure on both pedals at the same time.

So, my question for you guys is - what's this going to do to the "power launch"? (Rev to 2,000 rpm or so, foot on brake, and release for launch.) If I understand their "fix" correctly, the "power launch" will no longer be possible. Doesn't help left-foot brakers much either.

I gather this new software will be something the owner can decline, but I seriously doubt that will be the case.

Any comments?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's exactly it. The Toyota recall for floor mats, the sticking pedal replacement, the software mod - all for the same thing. The "jammed" gas pedal runaway. The notice came to me from Lexus, not from the dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My old G35 had a system where its cuts some power when both the brake and throttle are applied. I like the fact that the ISF doesn't have this feature and will make it very well known to the dealer that they do not under any circumstances have my permission to perform this update.
So, did the software in the G35 affect your ability to "power launch"? That's my biggest concern about this change.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It only cut about 30% of the power so it wasn't that bad but still enough to be annoying. I didn't buy my car from Lexus, I bought it through my car broker, I wonder if I'll get a notice?
30% loss when tracking (or similar) is one heck of a loss (in more than once sense of the word).

My recall notice came directly from Lexus Canada

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.