Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12+k on the original bridgestones,

the passenger rear started losing air, not repairable. i "negotiated" the rim and tire warranty when i bought the car, so they replaced the tire free under warranty, and since both rears had 6/32 left, i had them also do the driver's rear.

the point of this post is...the new tires do not feel very sticky. on hard acceleration, from a dead stop, they slip and chirp...even with full traction control. maybe i am being overly sensitive, but i do not remember ever experiencing any of this before, even with the "balding" old tires.

on the highway (even at high speeds) the new tires feel fine. i have full confidence in them, but i cannot stop thinking about the low end loss of traction.

am i being overly sensitive? i also want to know how you can tell if they mounted the left tire on the left side, and the opposite.

thanks in advance for any feedback, and yes i am going to get the michelins next set when i have to replace all four at the same time....

·
Registered
116 Posts
new tires need break-in also. they need to go through heat cycles to change the compound slightly to improve traction. you probably need to drive a few hundred miles before they completely mature.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Agree about the break-in. You should also remember on dry surface a "balder" tire will actually have better traction, the tread helps more with any abnormal road condition such as rain or light snow, and can contribute to ride quality.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the responses.

the tires are broken in a bit, the chirping has lessened, but i still have it in my head that i never went through this when i got the car. either way, the car still handles very well at high speeds, and i feel safe.

i have a different problem now, and i am going to post it on a new thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts