Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just want to know what everyone's opinion is about the situation I am in right now.

I purchased my '08 IS-F in August '08, but this past month I am purchasing all my mods as well as Carbon Fiber Lips, Rear Diffuser, Trunk etc...(a lot of carbon fiber), but when I purchased the car, I really loved the Walnut wood trim so I purchased that from the dealer for around $1,000+ or so, so they installed it, but never gave me the C/F Trim back or any kind of credit. So know I want to have the wood trim changed back to the C/F trim so it can look better with all my other C/F mods.

So, yesterday I go to the dealer/service dept. and ask if I can have my wood trim changed back to C/F, and they went to ask and said that they would have to charge me an entire new set for the C/F trim + labor which would be around almost $2000 or so. So I was shocked, so today I called and asked to speak with the Sales Manager and told him the exact story of whats going on, and he responds "No, we can't because you purchased the wood trim as an option, so we installed it for you. That satisfied you, but know since you want it back, you can't fit it back because it won't. I am like yes it will, you can just swap it, because its the same exact size, but he's says the same thing you have to order a new one and pay for the labor" After going through this getting the same answer 3 or more times. He started to get louder and louder with more of an attitude. I told him technically I purchased both, because the C/F trim is stock on the IS-F and I purchased for more money the wood trim, technically I should have both. He disagrees and asks if I want to talk with the service manager. I said no, because he had more authority. He said there's nothing I can do...

I would like to hear your opinion on what I should do, and if you agree that I should be able to get my C/F Trim back with just paying labor charges.

Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
i agree with u, thats bs, id be pissed

the only thing that should of happened,
u should of got them to return the stock to u when replacing with wood

someone who works there is prob driving around in a car with ur old stock pieces

that sucks tho

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is why whenever I am replacing a part or anything of this sort you have to make sure to tell the dealer you want your old parts.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is why whenever I am replacing a part or anything of this sort you have to make sure to tell the dealer you want your old parts.
Thanks for your opinion guys!

yeah, but think about it when you always buy your a brand new car, you think of all these questions to ask when you are about to pick it up, but when you get there, half of those questions are forgotten, because you are just so excited to get the car and drive it out of the dealership.

plus if I am adding something they never offered to return it back to me, as in a good dealership would have I would assume.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts