Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this might be stupid and amusing to you but I want to know the ins and outs of shifting. I always drive my F in automatic in sport mode. can you get off a rolling stop in highest gear? I know nothing about manual driving:confused: , so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
if you are in manual mode, it will automatically downshift your gear if you don't do it yourself... you should really try driving it in manual mode next time, i feel a difference in the acceleration. also, when you need to pass a car, having it in manual and downshifting 2 or 3 gears depending on what gear you are in is much quicker response than trying in automatic... have fun!

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
It downshifts automatically which is nice sometimes when your in manual. I would put it in sport, with traction on if this is your first time in manual, and then hit the shifter over to manual; find a nice open road and punch it. You really don't have to shift until the beep (this car beeps when your in manual right before the redline reminding you to shift, incase you hadn't heard it before). Manual is the best way to drive it! :) enjoy and let us know how it goes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts