Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Yeah the power steering rack in the F is electric. It's fluid-less unlike the old style pump version.

As for that jump or skip, it has happened to me too. I have a feeling it's more of the tires skipping or slipping when you have the wheel turned at full lock either left or right. I'll try it again later today to verify.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I must admit I haven't read enough on the F, but do we have LSD? If we do, could it be the LSD that's causing the sound, when turning at very slow speed? I personally have not heard it on my F, but my Subarus would do sort of a "cogging" sound (while turning).
There's no mechanical LSD in the IS F as mentioned. It's an electronic LSD which is operated by both ABS and VSC.

It's definitely the tires and the angle they're at when turning at low speeds. Think of a 18 wheeler trailer and the truck is making a sharp turn. The inner tires skip around as the outside wheels of the radius complete the turn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.