Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to get my IS F towed to dealership today b/c pink fluid leaked everywhere after I got to work. Upon initial investigation, dealership says it appears a rock hit the radiator...which, of course, is not covered under the warranty and is going to cost $1,150 for them to replace. Has this happened to anyone else? Pretty frustrating.

They also mentioned they're going to replace the water pump while they're at it because it looks like it might be going out. Pretty disheartening for a car with only 39,000 miles on it. I'm not that hard on the thing...

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I'm not sure here, but you may want to talk to your insurance company about this. Sounds like this could be a comprehensive claim to me.

Lou

·
Registered
19 Posts
that is unfortunate :(

as for the water pump..if they're going to preemptively replace it for free that sounds pretty good to me. Alternatively you could replace the radiator yourself at a 1/4 of the price and take a chance on the water pump, which, if fails should still be covered under warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Had to get my IS F towed to dealership today b/c pink fluid leaked everywhere after I got to work. Upon initial investigation, dealership says it appears a rock hit the radiator...which, of course, is not covered under the warranty and is going to cost $1,150 for them to replace. Has this happened to anyone else? Pretty frustrating.

They also mentioned they're going to replace the water pump while they're at it because it looks like it might be going out. Pretty disheartening for a car with only 39,000 miles on it. I'm not that hard on the thing...
I highly doubt your water pump is about to go out. It's unheard of for Toyota water pumps dont go out unless you run the thing dry. If the water pump is failing, it's covered under your factory warranty. Sounds like your dealership is trying to take you for a ride.

As for the rock hitting your radiator, it's time to file an insurance comp claim.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Given that the A/C condenser is in front of the radiator how is it that it was not damaged by the rock as well?:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I highly doubt your water pump is about to go out. It's unheard of for Toyota water pumps dont go out unless you run the thing dry. If the water pump is failing, it's covered under your factory warranty. Sounds like your dealership is trying to take you for a ride.

As for the rock hitting your radiator, it's time to file an insurance comp claim.
They said the warranty would cover the water pump. We asked if radiator could be repaired instead of replaced...they were able to get that done w/ labor (at $131/hr...yikes) for $570. Better...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts