Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went into the Lexus dealer today because I thought I needed to get my rear breakpads replaced. The last time I was at the deadler 3 months ago I had about 5mm left on the break pad.

Anyway, I was pleasantly suprised that this work is all covered under warranty under L-SB-0044-10 :) See link below.

http://www.mediafire.com/?530peqr57557rfk

If anybody is expriencing this rear break squeak then print this service bulletin and go to your dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had this work done 10/2010 and it only solved issue for about 2 days. It's just as bad as it was before now and has been ever since. Just havent made an issue of it at Lexus but I am fixing to bring it back. Have you had any squeek since? I wonder if they may have used the old part numbers again...

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's funny! This a know issue with the 'F.
TSb's available in Canada and US.
I've complained about this to my local Lexus dealer. They told me to pound salt!
They said that the warranty Lexus rep says "this is wear"after 20,000km.

If you read the Tsb it says this problem is covered for the duration of basic warranty.
I work as an advisor for a toyota dealer and I don't understand.

I'll complain to head office but don't think much will come of this.
T
Ps delear didn't even ask to inspect my brakes.
Go figure! Only
Dealer in town! Sucks 4 me...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I had my rear breaks replaced under the TSB as noted about one month ago. For about two weeks there was no problem and no squeaking.

Now for the last two weeks the rear squeak is actually worse than when I brought them into to dealer last month :mad:

I'm gonna bring my F into the dealer again and see whats up. I will keep ya'll informed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dropped my F off at the dealer today to get a diagnosis of the continued rear break squeak that occurs at low speeds and rpms.

They took off the pads and rotors and cleaned the dust and still had the squeal. Then tech decided to do another TSB search for this problem. Keep in mind that I already had the 2010 TSB for rear squeak serviced a month or so ago. A new TSB fix for this issue just came out on April 8, 2011. They are getting the parts for this new TSB and I will have my F back in the next day or so. I'm hoping this solves the issue :)...stay tuned.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Updated TSB Posted for this issue...

I was at dealer today as well for regular service and was told same thing..however, he could not tell me when parts would be available..:confused:
He made it sound like they were being shipped from Japan and because of the catastrophe it would be a long time to get them..who knows..it could be tomorrow for all I know..let me know what happens with yours as well.

·
LexusF.com SPAM Police
689 Posts
...I've complained about this to my local Lexus dealer. They told me to pound salt!
They said that the warranty Lexus rep says "this is wear"after 20,000km.

If you read the Tsb it says this problem is covered for the duration of basic warranty.
...I'll complain to head office but don't think much will come of this.
T
Ps delear didn't even ask to inspect my brakes.
Go figure! Only
Dealer in town! Sucks 4 me...
I'd definately complain and start asking to see some bosses up the chain at that dealership.:mad: The TSB clearly states 48 months or 50,000 miles. Bring a print out of that in. It's not like the dealersip pays for the warranty work, it comes from Lex Corp.:confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well I picked up my F this past Friday for the TSB that was issued April 8, 2011. I actually didn't see the TSB number on my invoice from my Lexus dealer.

They replaced both back calipers and pads. Below are the part numbers that were installed under warranty.

Part # 04466-0W040- Pad Kit Disc Bra
Part # 04946-0W010- Shim Kit. ANTI SQ

So far no more break squeak. I hope this finally solves the issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
:(

So I had the SAME parts put on my 08 isf today...and when the driver pulls up in service drive I hear a SQUEAK! I speak to the advisor immediately and bring this up and he goes to service bays and speaks with head tech. He comes out and asks to keep my car for a day so he can "record" it and send it to Lexus. He also went on how Lexus did not 'think about the noise/ect the Brembo brakes would make on a car like this'. I find that hard to believe as it is all about NVH levels with Lexus all around as a brand. I declined them keeping my car and said I would just ride it out and see if It returns and in same manner as it was..very disappointed and curious why this issue just WONT go away no matter what they do. This is my THIRD visit for the same problem. :confused:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well I picked up my F this past Friday for the TSB that was issued April 8, 2011. I actually didn't see the TSB number on my invoice from my Lexus dealer.

They replaced both back calipers and pads. Below are the part numbers that were installed under warranty.

Part # 04466-0W040- Pad Kit Disc Bra
Part # 04946-0W010- Shim Kit. ANTI SQ

So far no more break squeak. I hope this finally solves the issue.
It is unlikely they replaced your calipers, they replaced your brake pads and the shims which help dampen any noise on the back of the pads.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.