Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had Bridgestone on mine and I tracked them alot. I'd got them up to 42psi cold and check the pressure and wear pattern on eah tire as soon as I got back from each session. The best reference point is the TWI (triangle on the tire shoulder). The sweet spot is at the tip of the triangle indicating the right pressure at that session regarding the ambient and track temperature, loading factor and driving pattern. You need to record them with all the variable conditions with weather and track in order to fine- tune the right pressure for your tires. Add pressure if wearing below the tip and bleed if wearing higher. It's good fun to start playing with your pressure and note the different performance of the your tires. It's safe to add pressure as long as it's below the max cold inflation pressure indicated on the side wall. Underinflation will do more damage than overinflation most of the time. That is my personal experience to share. Other track guys please chime in. I'm tracking with Nitto Invo now and still doing the same with them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.