Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just when i thought it couldn't get worse it has. I hate my car despite the fact that i love it. My car has roughly 18K miles on it and i just dropped it off for service and here is what i got:

20K service- Oil Change, Filters, Etc- $556.75

2 hours later i get a second call and here is the great news. Car needs new tires, front brake pads/Rotors (second time in 18K miles), and rear brake pads/ rotors.

Grand Total: $4956.83

What the F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this normal? I do only city driving, never been to a track or out of the city... This cannot be normal am i being taken for a ride? I told my guy to hold off on the brakes and tires but apparently it needs to be changed bad! how could this be? I've had cars for 3 years without changing tires... Please help.....
No that doesn't sound normal at all I own an auto repair shop and I checked my brakes last week and they are about 60% worn so I can probably go another 5k at least with no worries. The tires I did replace once at 19K. IMO you should take your F somewhere else for a second look. And why did your 20k service cost you $550.00? that sounds a little high to me. Good luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im the only one driving the car. I do a lot of highway driving on my way to and back from work. Other than that nothing abnormal. Never been to a track and never been on a long distance trip. Quite frankly i was shocked and my sale person seems to be shocked as well which is why they are offering to put me in an LS. But i am trying to get that second opinion; should i go to a different lexus dealer or just to a shop?

If you have a local shop that you trust I would go to them. Good luck hope this works out for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.