Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a quick question. There was a member on this site that said if you complain about pitting on your front wheels, Lexus will change them out or the brake pad itself. I washed my car today and I noticed that only the front wheels had significant pitting, while the back had little to none. What is the reason for this? and does Lexus really do as the members said?:confused:

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
434 Posts
this is a side note. my car only has 1515km on it and it took a pretty bad rock or something on the inside of one of the back wheels. there is a nice little chip on the back of one of the spokes. hardly noticable. but still gay.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I don't know where you heard that, but his pitting was really bad thats why they changed it for him, but if you complain they don't just do it for anyone, the guy actually had the wheel and tire package..., thats another reason they changed it for him...

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
It's not "Pitting"...it's actually very hard brake dust. Use a clay bar to clean it and they'll look like new!

Supraman is right! It is a build up of brake dust. Claybar works very well on cleaning it off. Even if you get them replaced, it will happen again most likely.

·
LexusF.com SPAM Police
689 Posts
try spraying your wheels with Simple Green and let it soak for a little then pressure wash it off. That should take off most of it. Dry them and do it again if it still needs it. I do this at least every two weeks. More if I drive it hard. Not tough to do and it only takes five min's.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do actually have the tire and wheel package so I guess I'll just give it a try. Trust me I've tried pretty darn hard to remove it but it is pitting for sure since its only on the inside part of the rims between the spokes. The texture is like the paint has come off or something, kind of grainy. The back wheels are fine and I clean my rims at least once every one to two weeks. Anyways thanks for the reply's I really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
:
I do actually have the tire and wheel package so I guess I'll just give it a try. Trust me I've tried pretty darn hard to remove it but it is pitting for sure since its only on the inside part of the rims between the spokes. The texture is like the paint has come off or something, kind of grainy. The back wheels are fine and I clean my rims at least once every one to two weeks. Anyways thanks for the reply's I really appreciate it.
Have you tried using claybar yet? It works!!! It is not pitting, I promise. Hot, spent brake dust that builds up feels grainy, exactly like you describe. The front brakes do 75-80% of the braking. You should expect to see more brake dust/build up (not pitting!) on the front wheels. The factory brake pads have a high metallic content and contribute to the buildup. I have personally cleaned the factory IS-F wheels with claybar and a soapy water solution with great success. It will take more than just spraying on some cleaner and wiping with a sponge. Try it out. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts