Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently in the market for an Exige or POSSIBLY an Elise, supercharged. I'm keeping the IS-F for daily driving and for classier affairs, and plan on taking the Lotus out on the track(once I learn how to drive the thing) and for some cruising.

I'm brand loyal to Toyota and Lexus since they've never let me down, and the Lotus comes with a nice, proven, bulletproof Toyota engine. I can't afford an LF-A, so this will do.

Anybody have experience in a Lotus? I've never driven a manual vehicle before, but it doesn't seem complex. It's very crude but seems like an absolute blast to drive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm currently in the market for an Exige or POSSIBLY an Elise, supercharged. I'm keeping the IS-F for daily driving and for classier affairs, and plan on taking the Lotus out on the track(once I learn how to drive the thing) and for some cruising.

I'm brand loyal to Toyota and Lexus since they've never let me down, and the Lotus comes with a nice, proven, bulletproof Toyota engine. I can't afford an LF-A, so this will do.

Anybody have experience in a Lotus? I've never driven a manual vehicle before, but it doesn't seem complex. It's very crude but seems like an absolute blast to drive.
These are the closest thing to a road legal race car in the market today! I have driven one and loved every second of it, if it would have meet my need I would have bought one as a daily driver. SC'ed is the way to go in my opinion, but to each his own. These cars are VERY crude, but are purpose built vehicles so keep that in mind.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
I've never driven a manual vehicle before, but it doesn't seem complex. It's very crude but seems like an absolute blast to drive.
Wow...never driven a manual? My current truck was my first vehicle with an automatic. Go and buy a manual vehicle...its a blast. I still have an S2000 with a stick and a CBR1000RR. While technology is making manual vehicles the slow ones these days, the feeling of rowing through the gears yourself just can't be beat.

I guess if you have to drive an automatic, an SC400, IS350, and ISF certainly aren't a bad way to go...lol.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a really great car overall. The fuel economy isn't bad either for long trips, 25-30ish on the highway. But then again... The seats will probably be hell on a long trip.

I'm waiting on a used model in the color I prefer which is a pain but one should come along by summer time. I need to put a request in at the Lamborghini dealership in the city, they usually bring in Lotus cars all the time. Hoping for either a blue like this http://www.pistonheads.com/pics/news/18574/DSC_0025-L.JPG

which would look nice next to the IS-F... OR a smoke grey.

Now it's just a waiting game. :(

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow...never driven a manual? My current truck was my first vehicle with an automatic. Go and buy a manual vehicle...its a blast. I still have an S2000 with a stick and a CBR1000RR. While technology is making manual vehicles the slow ones these days, the feeling of rowing through the gears yourself just can't be beat.

I guess if you have to drive an automatic, an SC400, IS350, and ISF certainly aren't a bad way to go...lol.
im thinking of getting an s2000 myself. Low miles are hard to come by. I am ok with 40K...but i see a couple with 70k,80k. What are your thoughts as an owner on the performance and the reliability at 70\80k miles?

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
im thinking of getting an s2000 myself. Low miles are hard to come by. I am ok with 40K...but i see a couple with 70k,80k. What are your thoughts as an owner on the performance and the reliability at 7080k miles?
Well, my wife bought the S2000 new in 2000. When I met her, the car already had approx 115k miles on it. She blew up the engine sometime after 100k miles, so now it is an AP1 (2.0l) S2000 with a AP2 (2.2l) motor. As far as I know, the cars are pretty dependable. I drive the hell out of it, and it hasn't let me down so far (it has about 145k total miles now). The car has been wrecked twice, and still drives well. These cars can take a beating.

I did a quick search on cars.com and found a variety of S2000s with low miles. You might just need to expand your search area.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I decided not to pick it up since I'm still in college and my apartment company wouldn't let me rent an extra spot, maybe next year!

·
Registered
54 Posts
for lotus checkout normbaker.com it's here in vegas but they ship and sell on ebay.
If you did go with the lotus I would k20 that shiet! Im a diehard honda fan and there is much more tuning possibilities than a toyota motor in their. you can easily boost 450whp with small mods
+ my 2 cents

1 - 11 of 11 Posts