Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Won't pass smog without the 2 rear cats. I wouldn't do this on a CA car.
Smog Test's are every 5-6 years for new cars sold in Cali.. ;)

If your going to make a statement like that, then you might as well know that there AREN'T any C.A.R.B approved aftermarket exhausts or intakes for the IS-F :eek:

Joe Z

·
Registered
151 Posts
Joe, I really respect you and your company, however I lived in CA for 17 years now and owned 3 modded cars. I come from a car that is heavily enforced upon when it comes to smog (WRX STI).

The 6 year role is correct (6, not 5), however once the car is sold to the second owner (which would be me, since I'm not buying a new one), the 6 role no longer applies and you have to smog the car every 2 years from there on. Trust me, I've owned 3 modded cars in CA.

I check the K&N website weekly to see when these clowns will finally get the intake C.A.R.B approved, but so far it doesn't look like it's happening.

Please tell me something I don't know.

Cheers,

P.

Thanks P.

My response was to your original post....

You probably won't ever see CARB approved intakes for such a low volume car.

What you stated was: "Won't pass smog without the 2 rear cats. I wouldn't do this on a CA car."

Right now there is not one CARB approved product for the IS-F.

So basically we shouldn't ever mod our IS-F's in Cali :confused:

With that in mind, any intake or exhaust installed on an F can fail a Visual Smog Test in CA and in most strict States..

I can tell you right now our exhuast easily passes a sniffer test with out the 2 secondary cats in place.. Along with the basic OBDII test, since no CEL lights are thrown on.

In your case, you should mod away with your IS-F..
Then you just slap the stock intake back on for the biennial smog test..

We are all just here to share information :)

Joe Z

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.