Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally did it today. I put my non-refundable deposit on a Nissan GTR at MSRP. It is at a dealer 800 miles from me, but for the price, while others are paying 10-15k over MSRP, I can't pass it up. I wish somehow I could afford both the GTR and the ISF as both have their advantages/disadvantages, but unfortunately not a reality, and as much as I know I'd love the ISF, I think I'll love the GTR even more. Will have to go back to Lexus Carlsbad and get my refundable deposit from them this weekend and will do so with a heavy heart.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Wow, thats amazing you got the GTR at MSRP. That has been unheard of! That is a tough choice though, both amazing cars!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, there's a few dealers out there, but it took A LOT of phone calls. It hurt badly when the Lexus dealer called yesterday and said my car was there and I had to decline. They both really are great cars, but I think I'll have more fun in the GTR in the longrun.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I finally did it today. I put my non-refundable deposit on a Nissan GTR at MSRP. It is at a dealer 800 miles from me, but for the price, while others are paying 10-15k over MSRP, I can't pass it up. I wish somehow I could afford both the GTR and the ISF as both have their advantages/disadvantages, but unfortunately not a reality, and as much as I know I'd love the ISF, I think I'll love the GTR even more. Will have to go back to Lexus Carlsbad and get my refundable deposit from them this weekend and will do so with a heavy heart.
GT-R is a greate car that beats so many sports cars )))) its fantastic and universal!!!!! No M series, no AMG, no RS from Audi, no Ferrari or Lambo or 911turbo can chase GT-R. It looks greate but inside... so asian, in a bad way of saying... luxury but urgly! And turbos... you need to cool them before you turn off the engine which su*cs ) Its a pure hardcore and i think not for everyday ride. I have heard that among GT supersports coupes the GT-R ride is universal as for seasons... but still, very hursh!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good choice. I tried for a GTR but didn't want to wait a year to get it.....and the price was about 100k CAD!.....

Enjoy the ride and please come back here and tell us all about it.

Colin

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was looking into a GT-R. The first turn off was the 20k the dealer wanted above list. Which was total BS in my opinion. I didn't see a point in spending 90k on a car when the MSRP was 70k. After thinking long and hard and being hounded by the Nissan dealership, I told them I wasn't interested. They literally called me every other day asking if I was interested. For an everyday car the IS-F is the better choice for me. Four seats are greater then two for me at least. I'm happy with my IS-F and wouldn't trade it for the world.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I agree, the GTR is super fast but the IS-F is the best of both worlds.Luxury and speed!! Lexus or Nissan? Women love the sexy lexy lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree, the GTR is super fast but the IS-F is the best of both worlds.Luxury and speed!! Lexus or Nissan? Women love the sexy lexy lol
I totally have to agree with Smoke on this one. I don't know about you guys but I don't hear to many ladies asking "Is that a Nissan?"

·
Registered
50 Posts
almost bought a gt-r myself from a nissan dealer that my friends are owners and for sticker a gun metal but the is-f is way livable.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Good Choice! However 800 miles? I'm assuming and obviously the car is used correct? Either way Fantastic! Just make sure NOT to use the Launch mode..I hate see you losing warranty for something not worth using..
Take it to the track..Beast on the track..
Also Not a Everyday commute car, it can be but not recommend it..:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
My bro has a GT-R. Definitely not an everyday drive and the fact you have to boot it up and boot it down is a bit dunce. He has some other sweet rides so I guess he doesn't need to worry about th everyday drive thing.

On a separate note, I almost got rid of the IS F for an R8 but I decided that with the looks I'm getting on the IS F, it's worth keeping. Add that to the fact that I smoked an M3 and Corvette the other day....I'll wait till someone smokes me before I think about something else.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Congrats on the GT-R! I'm sure you will love it.

I saw one about a week ago on the road and it looks much better in person than in pictures. Sounded pretty cool too.

Jeff

·
Registered
128 Posts
HAHAHA! the original poster wrote this thread back in the beginning of the year, I'm just wondering if anyone has heard from him or if he may still be around the forums.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Believe it or not, I've seen more GTR's around then F's! They are sweet looking but not for me, I like the F :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Believe it or not, I've seen more GTR's around then F's! They are sweet looking but not for me, I like the F :)
Granted that I've been a different country for the last few months (these people have no clue what the IS-F is) while I was in the states the closest thing ive seen to an IS-F was the one in that Gran Turismo game

1 - 20 of 24 Posts