Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Alright, more questions..........

1. How big is the fuel tank? (gallons of course)

2. How is the paint holding up?

3. Can someone please find out what grade oil the engine calls for and how many qrtz?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Alright, more questions..........

1. How big is the fuel tank? (gallons of course)

2. How is the paint holding up?

3. Can someone please find out what grade oil the engine calls for and how many qrtz?

Thank you.
1. 16.9 U.S. Gallons

2. It's holding up ok, it seems prone to scratching. I've ended up with a lot of unexplained scratches. Hopefully they will buff out. I got a clear bra on the front of my car as it seems to be prone to rock chips.

3. 5W-30, and I believe it holds 10 quarts, but I don't have the spec in front of me.

Good luck,

Jeff
08 Smoky Granite Mica IS-F

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ahh that old oil argument.

I had my mechanic over yesterday, we are good friends. He's a retired Toyota Master Mechanic with all the hook ups.

We talked about oil, and he said it all depends on what kind of deal the dealership gets on oil, whatever they can buyer cheaper, they will sell.

I'm currently a big fan of Castrol full synthetic. I'm running the German Castrol 0W-30 in my STi and 5W-20 (as recommended by Honda) in the Accord.

I will find out what the owner of my future ISF used when the time comes. I'm almost certain I will go with either German Castrol or 5W-30 full synthetic and the OEM oil filters.

I expected the engine to hold more oil due to it's size and special oil system.

I've been reading about the engine lately and like what I see:

1. Hollow camshafts. (sounds familiar, Subaru STi has those)

2. Engine/trans oil coolers.

3. Direct and Port injection.

4. VVTi on both intake/exhaust valves. (sweet)

5. The valves are titanium.

6. The engine oil system is designed to keep everything lubed, even during high G cornering.

7. The heads were designed by Yamaha.

I think Toyota did a great job here. I'm looking forward to this.

Here is the lap I got with the instructor on 05/31/2008 after driving the car myself:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
More questions.....(hopefully you guys aren't getting tired of me)

1. Is the ECU adaptive to the octane you use? For instance if I filled up with 100 octane, would the ECU recognize it? Some cars can and it's pretty cool, you get a huge bump in power, but on the other hand, that's usually with turbocharged cars.

2. Is there a way to forecast the value of a 2008 or 2009 ISF in the year 2011 or 2012 with about 30,000 miles in excellent condition?

·
Registered
434 Posts
More questions.....(hopefully you guys aren't getting tired of me)

1. Is the ECU adaptive to the octane you use? For instance if I filled up with 100 octane, would the ECU recognize it? Some cars can and it's pretty cool, you get a huge bump in power, but on the other hand, that's usually with turbocharged cars.

2. Is there a way to forecast the value of a 2008 or 2009 ISF in the year 2011 or 2012 with about 30,000 miles in excellent condition?
i think the car is only tuned for 91 octane, with higher having no effect, unless your at high altitude where it might make up for some power loss.

and for the value.....just remember the lexus is has best in class resale value.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
i think the car is only tuned for 91 octane, with higher having no effect, unless your at high altitude where it might make up for some power loss.

and for the value.....just remember the lexus is has best in class resale value.
That's good about the resale value. The car seems to depreciate in the first year or 2 and then sort of settles down.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I can't find out if the ISF has launch control or not, any word on that?

I see myself going to the dragstrip against my best friend with his 4 door M3 (E92) someday.....

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
No launch control. We just do it the old way and out drive the competition.
Haha....that was good.:D

Wait...I never owned a rear wheel drive car, what's the "old way" ?:eek:

I guess I will be working on my launches when the time comes.

My obsession with this car is growing as each day goes by...........I was reading the car's designer is also the one who helped designed the Supra (another old favorite of mine, especially the Mark 4) and that's about all I need to know.

Is that an oil temperature gauge in the middle?

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Haha....that was good.:D

Wait...I never owned a rear wheel drive car, what's the "old way" ?:eek:

I guess I will be working on my launches when the time comes.

My obsession with this car is growing as each day goes by...........I was reading the car's designer is also the one who helped designed the Supra (another old favorite of mine, especially the Mark 4) and that's about all I need to know.

Is that an oil temperature gauge in the middle?
I got the pleasure to meet Chief Engineer Yaguchi in Detroit exactly 3 years ago when the ISF was unveiled to the world.

Yes that is an oil temp guage in the center.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.