·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

new member here with a few questions.

So i got a black on black IS-F about 10 days ago and had a few questions:

1. What is the break in period?
2. My brakes are making a little bit noisy has anyone experienced high pitched noise with the car when it is so new?
3. I do have a little bit of rattling noise when going over bumps any one else had that?

Im a little bit of a perfectionist so i always hear all kind of noises. Other than that i am really enjoying the car and i think the power is great I'm just curious to know when i can really start pushing the car?

Lastly im really thinking about blacking out the whole car not a big fan of chrome but can't decide between glossy black and flat black. Any suggestions? Anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
i get a little bit of rattle / vibration noise coming from the back.... whenever that happens, i just push the gas a little bit more to let the roar from the engine drown out the vibrations...

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on your F!

To help you out, here are some answers to your questions

1) The break in period according to the manual is 621 or 631 miles (can't remember for sure). Some people wait until 1000 other people opened it up right out of the lot, it's going to be up to you!

2) How many miles does the car have on it? I would do a search on here about the break squeaking problems and read some material about it. You might want to take it out on the freeway and when it's save do some hard stops from 80-50, 90-60, etc. to burn off the film that has probably built up on them from not being used to their full potential. If the problem persists, let us know and we can figure it out from there :cool:

3) Ya, a few things rattling but nothing major. When you take it in for your 1000 mile check up have them look at it and tighten whatever it is thats doing it.

As far as the difference between glossy and flat, that's going to be up to you. I've seen it done both ways. Here is a link to where you can find an entire F painted flat black! Enjoy

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f/402213-is-f-tas-09-a.html

·
Premium Member
710 Posts

1) The break in period according to the manual is 621 or 631 miles (can't remember for sure). Some people wait until 1000 other people opened it up right out of the lot, it's going to be up to you!
621 miles corresponds to 1000 kilometers.

Lou

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
621 miles corresponds to 1000 kilometers.

Lou
Thanks Lou, always correcting me.

To the original poster, welcome to the site! Can't wait to hear more feedback and opinions from you :cool:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) How many miles does the car have on it? I would do a search on here about the break squeaking problems and read some material about it. You might want to take it out on the freeway and when it's save do some hard stops from 80-50, 90-60, etc. to burn off the film that has probably built up on them from not being used to their full potential. If the problem persists, let us know and we can figure it out from there :cool:

3) Ya, a few things rattling but nothing major. When you take it in for your 1000 mile check up have them look at it and tighten whatever it is thats doing it.

As far as the difference between glossy and flat, that's going to be up to you. I've seen it done both ways. Here is a link to where you can find an entire F painted flat black! Enjoy

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f/402213-is-f-tas-09-a.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts