Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also, even if the TRD kit makes 625HP (which would take around 8-10lbs of boost), how long do you think the cast pistons of an 11.8:1 engine like the 2UR-GSE in the IS-F will handle that?

First of all,TRD would not put something in that would damage the car!It would have to last just as long as the vehicle's warranty and thensome.
Second of all, the pistons are made much lighter and stronger than any of the other IS'S including the IS300 which has the famous engine in it borrowed from the Supra.Maybe you should attend a training class from Lexus on how this car is built, they will explain everything to you and I'm sure you have more knowledge about this car.I work for Lexus and attended these classes and was amazed myself at how much detail was put into making this car, alot of parts are made of Titanium and aluminum and are built to last!
Maybe you should take a few engineering classes & build a few race engines like I have & you'll see how long a cast aluminum piston lasts in a forced induction application... especially when pushed enough to make a "target" 625hp when starting with 11.8:1 CR like the other poster said.

And yes, I've seen the titanium intake valves & forged crank & rods. Nice...

·
Registered
8 Posts
So now some more data to the story comes out... you never said you got a jump on him the 1st time.

I didn't think I had to tell the whole DETAIL to the story but let me explain to Mr. Bowtie.My friend
has a 2004 Z06 with a 405hp engine.I did say we were side by side and I was ahead by the nose of his car had we gone any further he would've gone right past me EASY! The second light was our marker and it was at night on a side street.I could understand the confusion but I'm not here to write paragraphs maybe next time I will explain FULL detail to get the story straight!
Maybe you should also learn to read, as I clearly said C6 Z06 in my first post. Since we were all talking new cars, it would have been assumed by most you were talking about the C6 Z06. If you're talking the C5 Z06 which you didn't mention until now, that's a very different beast. I have no trouble passing them in my C6 on the track.

Only C6 Z06's I can't pass on the track are the modded one's with 600-660+ HP! Which BTW only takes a cat back exhaust, cam & tune.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Couple things: No way in hell that a new stock Z06 is running in the tens I don't care what tires are being used. Find a slip from the drag strip and i will be the first to eat my crow; Low 11's are the best and that is flat out awesome. IS-F is a sedan with an automatic transmission so the fact that the two are being compared is inane. A new C6 however is on paper running the exact 1/4 mile times and one tenth slower 0-60 according to road and track June issue despite a 600 lbs weight advantage. I've seen C6's launch and they spin hard so it's pretty much a drivers race.

Also, in regard to the TRD kit...there is no way the stock automatic transmission could handle that much power to the wheels and would have to be strengthened/modified. Just my two cents!
How much crow would you like to eat? I can have a buddy scan & send a couple time slips in the high 10's BONE STOCK... the driver just has to know how to DRIVE a powerful car. 11's are much more common as you noted, which is still awesome for a stock car thats can be had for $70-80k.

I also agree that comparing these 2 cars is insane, and that was the reason for my original post. The other party claimed the IS-F was basically faster than god, and though it's fast I had to call him out as it sounded like another person with limited experience claiming the unreal was possible.

I absolutely agree that a regular C6 against an IS-F would be a drivers race as it's easier to control the IS-F, where the Vettes can get heavy spin if not launched correctly.

·
Banned
109 Posts
after doing some heavy research, I found a time slip of a stock Z06 with slicks running a record 10.9...only to have hundreds of claims demanding that the time and track is rigged and fabricated (mostly Viper fans I'm guessing).

Look, if anyone wanted to go out and get a car that is fast in a straight line it would not be that difficult. I have owned an STI Audi (B6) RS4, S4 (B7) and an a dinan tuned M3 (e46) all well built cars that did me right....my STI with an ecutek reflash and turboback exhaust was flat out scarry 0-60; but the IS-F is a balance of all those cars and that is why I pay a grand a month to own one. Under 3,000 rpm's the car drives like a cadillac....drop the hammer er paddle and the car comes to life and pulls very hard before dropping off sharply something i hope some software down the line can fix. I think this yamaha/skunk built motor has a lot more left and has been tuned down like so many cars built today.

I think we have spent way too much time talking about GM cars in here....given the fact they haven't been profitable in 10 years!!!!:(
but damn they can make a great fiberglass car go fast in a straight line...just don't go blind by the middle aged hairy chested, bald headed douche bag driving it!

·
Banned
109 Posts
Oh and I guess a fabricated doctored up time slip will have to do.....crow eaten successfully.

I think I will get on micro word tonight and make my lexus run 11.9's

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh and I guess a fabricated doctored up time slip will have to do.....crow eaten successfully.

I think I will get on micro word tonight and make my lexus run 11.9's
BTW, if you think all the 10 second time slips for Z06's are doctored, then you're even more of a skeptic than I am. I have seen 2 that I'm 99.99% confident in being real. Whether you buy it or not, matters little to me. I was just pointing out the truth that they do exist.

Oh, and there's also plenty of carbon fiber on the Z06, not just fiberglass (which is really not regular fiberglass, but SMC). And let's not forget the aluminum chassis, magnesium sub-frame, titanium rods, valves, etc. ;)

Hey, I object (tongue in cheek). I am one of those old bald headed guys but chose the IS-F over the Corvette. Makes more sense to me.
I agree, the IS-F does work better for a daily driver... that's what we bought the IS-F for. I'll probably track it a few times just for grins & I bet it will do just fine. Then again I also have the other vehicles from Britain, Germany, and Italy in the garage if I want to have fun in other ways. I'm not locked into one brand or country.

Point is, all the blind loyalty to "one brand is best" is silly. They're all cool cars & many do different things well. I readily admit most GM cars suck (as do most American cars) and I wouldn't own the majority of them. The Z06 is one exception (and it does more than go fast in a straight line as a guy in a F430 and another in a GT3 will admit after my last track event). I have no particular "brand loyalty" that blinds me. My next car could be a GT-R, Porsche or Lotus if the car feels right to me & fits the right niche. For a street car that you can take right to the track with minimal prep, I've seen more Z06's run fast, reliably, than anything else. So I bought one. That's all. It is a great car to drive as well, even if it's only to work once in a while.

So does that mean I can't drive a Vette since I'm under 40 and have hair on my head & not my chest???

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.