Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
109 Posts
Couple things: No way in hell that a new stock Z06 is running in the tens I don't care what tires are being used. Find a slip from the drag strip and i will be the first to eat my crow; Low 11's are the best and that is flat out awesome. IS-F is a sedan with an automatic transmission so the fact that the two are being compared is inane. A new C6 however is on paper running the exact 1/4 mile times and one tenth slower 0-60 according to road and track June issue despite a 600 lbs weight advantage. I've seen C6's launch and they spin hard so it's pretty much a drivers race.

Also, in regard to the TRD kit...there is no way the stock automatic transmission could handle that much power to the wheels and would have to be strengthened/modified. Just my two cents!

·
Banned
109 Posts
after doing some heavy research, I found a time slip of a stock Z06 with slicks running a record 10.9...only to have hundreds of claims demanding that the time and track is rigged and fabricated (mostly Viper fans I'm guessing).

Look, if anyone wanted to go out and get a car that is fast in a straight line it would not be that difficult. I have owned an STI Audi (B6) RS4, S4 (B7) and an a dinan tuned M3 (e46) all well built cars that did me right....my STI with an ecutek reflash and turboback exhaust was flat out scarry 0-60; but the IS-F is a balance of all those cars and that is why I pay a grand a month to own one. Under 3,000 rpm's the car drives like a cadillac....drop the hammer er paddle and the car comes to life and pulls very hard before dropping off sharply something i hope some software down the line can fix. I think this yamaha/skunk built motor has a lot more left and has been tuned down like so many cars built today.

I think we have spent way too much time talking about GM cars in here....given the fact they haven't been profitable in 10 years!!!!:(
but damn they can make a great fiberglass car go fast in a straight line...just don't go blind by the middle aged hairy chested, bald headed douche bag driving it!

·
Banned
109 Posts
Oh and I guess a fabricated doctored up time slip will have to do.....crow eaten successfully.

I think I will get on micro word tonight and make my lexus run 11.9's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.