Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
The main difference is that a Lexus will drive forever if they're taken care of.A beamer is very expensive to maintain and will break down after 4 years.Plus a Lexus has more luxury than the plain ugly cockpit of a beamer.

·
Registered
258 Posts
One of my friends has a ZO6 Vette 6spd and he was able to stay with me by the nose of his car side by side.Plus the car is about 800lbs lighter.No BMW's yet, a few WRX'S and EVO'S have been looking though.You can tell they dont know what to expect because they know it's a beast.They just stare or give a thumbs up! My baby's garaged-just a weekend or one day a week ride so I dont beat it up.

·
Registered
258 Posts
"No offense, but I own both an IS-F and a C6 Z06, and my Z06 is so much faster that it literally runs away from my IS-F... the IS-F is a sweet & quick daily driver, but let's be real. Frankly the IS-F actually feels kinda slow to me."

Well, I'm sorry for your "F" because maybe you dont know how to handle it properly! When your at a light put it on sport mode,in manual drive,with one foot on the brake and another on the gas pedal and punch it !!! Then see where your Z06 will be!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
" It's a plainly simple car to drive fast, where as the Z06 is much harder to control as it can easily have too much wheelspin & slow the launch."

EXACTLY, that's the point!! I'm not going around a track or even the 1/4 mile, I said we raced(on the street) and yes I got a better jump on him and was able to keep my lead.Now IF we did race on a 1/4 mile for sure the vette would win!!, but this was my friend and I on a street.I also used 99 octane which helps the car run a little better.I'M STATING FACTS NOT PHYSICS!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
So now some more data to the story comes out... you never said you got a jump on him the 1st time.

I didn't think I had to tell the whole DETAIL to the story but let me explain to Mr. Bowtie.My friend
has a 2004 Z06 with a 405hp engine.I did say we were side by side and I was ahead by the nose of his car had we gone any further he would've gone right past me EASY! The second light was our marker and it was at night on a side street.I could understand the confusion but I'm not here to write paragraphs maybe next time I will explain FULL detail to get the story straight!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Also, even if the TRD kit makes 625HP (which would take around 8-10lbs of boost), how long do you think the cast pistons of an 11.8:1 engine like the 2UR-GSE in the IS-F will handle that?

First of all,TRD would not put something in that would damage the car!It would have to last just as long as the vehicle's warranty and thensome.
Second of all, the pistons are made much lighter and stronger than any of the other IS'S including the IS300 which has the famous engine in it borrowed from the Supra.Maybe you should attend a training class from Lexus on how this car is built, they will explain everything to you and I'm sure you have more knowledge about this car.I work for Lexus and attended these classes and was amazed myself at how much detail was put into making this car, alot of parts are made of Titanium and aluminum and are built to last!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Also, in regard to the TRD kit...there is no way the stock automatic transmission could handle that much power to the wheels and would have to be strengthened/modified. Just my two cents!

Well from what I hear there is a kit coming,and this transmission is built for speed that's why they installed it with a tuned engine instead of any other tranny.Lets keep our fingers crossed!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.