Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

New to the community. I just purchased my New 08' Storm silver F.

So far, I love the car; however, the bad thing is that I have to break in the car before getting on the pedal.... can't wait to start on the mods!

I got rid on my three BMW M cars to get the one F. I hope I didn't make a big mistake.... I'm sure it was a good decision:D

Talk to you guys later.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the purchase!! :)

You don't "have" to wait for the break in to punch it, just drive it like you would normally drive it. Where are you from? And getting rid of the M's for the F, I don't think thats a bad idea :cool:

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
great move. I break in motors with 3 temperature cycles and rpm steps with 3k-6k and call it broken in. I like breaking the in motor how it will run the rest of its life, under load. So no need to wait, everytime you driv eit just give it a few good pulls from 3K on up. On the third, you are golden.

Welcome to the community.

Fig

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey BigMike & Fig,

Thanks for the Welcome!

I was getting a bit bored, so I thought I would go back to the imports for a while. The Mrs. told me that I would have to get rid of some cars in order to get something else, so I opted to just get rid of all of the M's:
2000 Z3 M Dinon ISR3 Roadster #5 (400hp. supercharged)
2002 M3
2006 M6 AC Schnitzer

Now the stable is down to:
08' IS-F
08' 750IL
05' G55 AMG

I almost forgot, I'm in Atlanta..... going to be relocating to Colorado sometime next year.

Talk to you guys soon.:)

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Ah great, I will welcome ya when you come out here. The M6 would have been hard to get rid of, possibly the only Bimmer I like. That little Z3 must have been a hoot to open up so much power for a small chassis. Any pics of the stable?
Fig

·
Registered
2 Posts
squeaking breaks

Love the car, but at 3800 miles began brake squeeking at low speed stops. your postings have been helpful, been to dealer 3 times. factory rep is inspecting car tomorrow. They made it seem it was a new problem, so your input gives me plenty of info for discussion.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts