Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
all these pictures are fantastic! I love the third one down, Lexus should probably put that on a billboard to advertise, no lie.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Welcome to the site Cap!! Awesome pictures, especially the ones in the fog

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Wow, that first one you just posted looks awesome! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome, Portland! Awesome roads down there - next spring you should check out Mist, Rowena Loops, Aufderheide, Fossil/Antelope/Shaniko & Bake Oven Rd - holy hell I spent a week out there in Sept. hitting all of those. OR pavement kicks ass.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Very nice picture!!
what camera do you use? any specific settings?
Thanks! I just use an old Canon Digital Rebel DSLR. I'm actually due for an upgrade, as its only a 6MP camera. Shot these using the stock 18-55mm lens, though lately I've been using my 85mm f1.8 lens a LOT. The settings for the first shot really aren't terribly important, as there are no depth of field issues. When I'm wanting to blur the background, I go as low on the aperture as I can (around f1.8, which is the aperture wide open), and take what I get on the shutter speed. To get the blurred car lights going by, I set my shutter speed to about 15 sec, and took what I got on the aperture. You need a tripod for that one.

The first image is an HDR of 3 separate exposures, 1 f-stop apart. In order to do that, you need to set your camera to Aperture priority, and let the shutter speed vary.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome, Portland! Awesome roads down there - next spring you should check out Mist, Rowena Loops, Aufderheide, Fossil/Antelope/Shaniko & Bake Oven Rd - holy hell I spent a week out there in Sept. hitting all of those. OR pavement kicks ass.
Sweet! Thanks for the tips! I'll look those up for sure.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Thanks! I just use an old Canon Digital Rebel DSLR. I'm actually due for an upgrade, as its only a 6MP camera. Shot these using the stock 18-55mm lens, though lately I've been using my 85mm f1.8 lens a LOT. The settings for the first shot really aren't terribly important, as there are no depth of field issues. When I'm wanting to blur the background, I go as low on the aperture as I can (around f1.8, which is the aperture wide open), and take what I get on the shutter speed. To get the blurred car lights going by, I set my shutter speed to about 15 sec, and took what I got on the aperture. You need a tripod for that one.

The first image is an HDR of 3 separate exposures, 1 f-stop apart. In order to do that, you need to set your camera to Aperture priority, and let the shutter speed vary.
hey im very interested in your pictures, but im not so good with my camera but i have a canon as well forgot what model, but it would be great if you could teach me or something how to get some ofthose kind of shots, pm your aim name or something

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey im very interested in your pictures, but im not so good with my camera but i have a canon as well forgot what model, but it would be great if you could teach me or something how to get some ofthose kind of shots, pm your aim name or something
PM sent. Let me know if I can help

·
LexusF.com Moderator
150 Posts
Those last shots are really great! Keep up the great work Miles. Makes me want to have a Silver IS-F now. Thumbsup from me!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those last shots are really great! Keep up the great work Miles. Makes me want to have a Silver IS-F now. Thumbsup from me!
Thanks Nick! I do like the silver color as it is easy to keep clean, but I can't get the reflection you get with your Black one for HDR stuff. I waxed the poo out of the car, and it is still a very matte-type finish. Oh well. I'll just have to look at your shots for that "liquid" effect I like so much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts