Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I picked up a 2011 LEXUS ISF Mercury Metallic/Black. I specifically asked that the dealer not install the front plate. I noticed that their are two dimples on the front bumper. When i asked the salesman he said that this is done that way at the factory. Can anyone please confirm if this is true.

Thanks in Advance:)

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
The answer is yes, the dimples are molded into the factory bumper. I had to replace my bumper due to being hit by road debris on the freeway, and before paint, I had the body shop fill in the dimples. My wife's ES had those same dimples and her bumper needed to be repaired due her scraping the bumper on a curb, I also filled in the dimples on her car. So, if you hate them as much as I did, you can fill them in.

Oh, and good luck with your car, it has the same color scheme as my '08. IMHO, the best combo in the lineup!

Lou

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
I also confirm this is true. They aren't obvious to everyone but those dimples are there as guides so I know where to drill the holes for the front license bracket. Let me tell you, I have drilled several of those dimples! Unfortunately, it is a law in Ohio at least that you have a front plate on the car.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I also confirm this is true. They aren't obvious to everyone but those dimples are there as guides so I know where to drill the holes for the front license bracket. Let me tell you, I have drilled several of those dimples! Unfortunately, it is a law in Ohio at least that you have a front plate on the car.
it is law here too, but i told them i was not taking the car if they put the bracket on. so they didn't but the bracket on. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts