Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K&N have released a drop-in filter specifically for the IS-F. As such it includes their million-mile engine warranty ... which is not true for other near-fit filters. The model number is 33-2453.

I've ordered one and will let my aFe Pro 5-R 30-10167 go for $35 if anyone is interested. It's only been used for 480 miles!

·
Registered
100 Posts
After reading your post I tried to find some numbers to validate any performance gains but didn't see anything. Is this just a high quality permanent filter with the same flow, or how does it stack up against others?

I too would take this just because the warranty makes it sound like it will do a good job providing filtered air... anyone can make a high flow "filter" these days.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Reasons to buy K&N Filter

Hi Carbon!

I bought the K&N filter for five reasons.

1. K&N's million mile warranty
2. Long experience with K&N with no failures or regrets.
3. High price of Lexus OEM filter ... the K&N was less $$$!
4. OEM filter constrains engine volumetric efficiency (VE) in favor of economy.
5. Already have the K&N cleaning kit

I'm told the IS-F engine needs to flow about 500 cfm to reach 80% VE and 620 cfm to reach 100% VE. The OEM filter ... and the dry aFe filter ... only deliver about 430 cfm.

I do get 2~3 mpg less with the K&N and aFe oiled filters, however.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sounds good to me. :) I'll give one a shot in the spring after the oem is filled with gunk from winter driving.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I haven't noticed any mpg drop after installing my aFe Oiled filter... I still see typically 19.x a gallon and get around 250 on the tank...

I've had it for a few months now.

I too have always had good experience with K&N. I however, will stick with my aFe oiled since the two will most likely post similar output.

Where did you read the statistics for where the IS-F reaches 100% VE?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mileage Update

Hello dsg03svt,

1. My mpg averages were 25-26mpg daily, 29mpg on a trip, and a range of about 360 miles. The daily has dropped to 22-24mpg. Did a 6-hour drive yesterday and got 28.3mpg. That included cruising on Interstates at 70-75mph, very low speeds on scenic routes, and a change in elevation from 1200ft to 6000ft above sea level.

2. The VE data came from a tech at K&N.

BTW ... I have no relationship with any automobile company, supplier, or aftermarket accessory manufacturer.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Damn. What's wrong with my car? Anyone else getting what I am for gas milage?

·
LexusF.com SPAM Police
689 Posts
I am getting 16-19, but most of my driving is less than a mile from home to work and nothing above 30mph. When I get up to speed I get quite a bit more. On the hwy i'm in the 26-28 range as long as I cruise long enough.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mileage Update

Hello [again] dsg03svt,

I just completed my first tank of exclusively "around town" driving: 19.7 mpg.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ive had this car about a month n i also get about 16mile pergallon. 22 on hway. 69580_477386669083_547774083_5610547_4038614_n.jpg . i have no clue how to do a post so this is only way can show u all lol. hadnt been washed in month b4 i got it wheels where put on yday took to shop to get tein springs installed n leds in the airvents. the seats are red n black terri clotta 2010 car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
As for the gas mileage, I am getting around 17-19 mpg with a bit of a heavy foot. On the hwy (if i manage to do the 70mph speed limit) I get around 26. I have put on a K&N Typhoon intake kit. Sounds great...like that roar you get at 3700rpm, I get all the way through the rev range. Take a listen here...youtube.com/watch?v=P1I_IVZnKQI

1 - 12 of 12 Posts