Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up it up yesterday it has 25k miles loaded for 38k. im getting bashed by bmw owners like crazy been a loyal bmw guy for over 15 years but the reliabilty of those cars is terrible..I tell u what..the IS F is one sexy ass car. unfortunately my F came with curb rash on 3 out of 4 wheels. i mean really did daddy buy his 16 yr old a car or something..how careless can u be..any suggestions? also it came with the K&N typhoon intake which is great def saves me dough cuz that would have been my first mod..cant tell how much of a difference it makes cuz i never drove it stock but it sound freaking awesome on there..this car sounds better than my previoulsy owned 08 supercharged saleen mustang." had to sell that the cop said i was doing "in excess of 120 mph in a 35 zone" stupid cop was coming down the hill i was going up and i wasnt doing more than 60. my lawyer made me sell it so i wouldnt get a year suspension. well it worked i only got 30 days..back to the IS F all i hear is how the m3 kils it and its pretty annoying. having owned and dumped crazy money into them I was just done.. Nothing looks better than our IS F fellas it bad ass.. well hope to hear from u guys..always looking for suggestions...headers and cat back will have to wait a bit cuz my wife will kill me..she didnt know i got the car till late last night cuz my daughter cant keep a secret..she wasnt happy,,oh well lol

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you'd better get a radar detector as a first mod. I have a Passport 9500xi and it's pretty good. Search the forum threads to get opinions on the different makes.

·
LexusF.com SPAM Police
689 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car. You will love the reliability and comfort of this car for sure. As for the curb rash, bring you car to a reputable tire shop or a good dealership and get some quotes to get them fixed. Depending on how bad the damage is, it could be just a simple blend and paint which should only cost $25-50 per wheel. If it is bad enough it might be better to get them off the car, blended, stripped and refinished. I got a quote for powder coating at around $300-400 for the set.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Welcome and great deal on the car. Its a very enjoyable car and the reliability is something you will love believe me. No bashing BMW I like the M series but M performance comes at a price of dealer visits and the F doesn't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts