Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a little bit early in this question but it's been something that I have had on my mind recently after I saw some stuff. But here it is,

I am in Korea and have had my F in storage since Aug. It's in Dallas right now but they will be shipping it to LA not long before I return in September. I am moving to Las Vegas so the only real need to stop in LA is to get my car and go, but I am concerned with driving 4 hours after the car has been in storage for a little over a year.

Now I pretty much know what I should do, take it to a dealer there and get a full service but I'm just curious if anyone thinks otherwise?

Just some more info, every month the storage facility starts it, moves it and does some basic checks. The thing I have noticed and expected is that the battery has been steadily dropping this month it needed a jump and they show it at 8.16 Volts.

Also anyone know if there are any Lexus dealerships near,
East Las Hermanas Street
Rancho Dominguez, CA 90221
I am not familiar with the LA area.

Thanks for any advice you have,

Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the closest dealer to you would be South Bay Lexus in Torrance. There is also Santa Monica Lexus further north.

South Bay Lexus‎
11 reviews - more info »
3215 Pacific Coast Highway
Torrance, CA 90505
(310) 325-9999southbaylexus.com‎

Also, If you need someone to "Properly Exercise" the car, please let me know. ;)

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I used the Lexus dealer locator:

Lexus of Cerritos
18800 Studebaker Road
Cerritos, CA 90703
Phone: (562) 865-7447
Mon-Sat 8:30am - 9pm
Sun 9am - 9pm

Lou

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Longo Lexus is my dealership of choice. They are the largest Lexus dealer in the Western US and they have a very efficient service department. This is the only dealership I take my IS F to and they service more IS F's than any other in SoCal.

·
Registered
116 Posts
once your car is in LA, you can have your GPS guide you to the nearest Lexus or toyota dealer, the database is in the NAV system.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the pointers on dealerships, but I guess my real question was more, would it be a horrible idea to just drive to Vegas and then take care of everything there?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've had my car in storage all winter. I plan on getting the oil changed, adding some fresh fuel and driving away. I don't think you would have any issues.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Lexus of Las Vegas has a great service department. I have taken my prior Lexus their for service while I was in town on vacation.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'd just drive it, albeit slowly at first, to give the oil some time to circulate. It's a Lexus for crying out loud. It'll be fine. Also the drive will charge the battery back up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts